Front Desk Agent
Company: La Quinta Plano West
Posted on: November 23, 2021
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our
guests' first point of contact and manage aspects of their
accommodation. Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include
registering guests, managing reservations and providing information
about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer
service and work experience in the hotel industry, we'd like to
meet you. Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable
stay for our guests.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work
in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to
deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be
able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal
and external customers.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting
adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
- Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or
short correspondence and memos
- Ability to use logic to define the problem collect information
establish facts draw valid conclusions interpret information and
deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar
- An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays. Shift times
include 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm.
- Holds an understanding of hotel products and guest services
(i.e. lifestyle full service resort etc)
- Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with management
- Comply at all times with hotel policies standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with hotel standards; maintain a friendly and warm
demeanor at all times.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and
ensure that all performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information mail and messages in an
efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants
transportation entertainment etc. Establish and maintain good
communications and team work with fellow associates and other
departments within the hotel.
- Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be
familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules as well as
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as
needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper etiquette at all times when communicating with other
- As needed deliver guest items such as luggage newspapers
messages packages amenities or other items requested by guests or
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and
things to do around the hotel.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not
limited to the following: helping coworkers in other areas of the
hotel maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and groundsJob Types:
Full-time, Part-timePay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hourBenefits:
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral programSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availabilityCOVID-19 considerations:We follow CDC
guidelines and employees wear masks as a precaution.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: La Quinta Plano West, Plano , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!