Coord Surgical Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Coord Surgical Technician? At Medical City
Plano, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300
million in programs to support our incredible team members over the
course of three years.BenefitsMedical City Plano, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Coord Surgical Technician like you
to be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsCertified
Surgical Technologists (CST) support patient care in the
perioperative setting by assisting surgeons and nursing staff
before, during and after surgical procedures. As an integral member
of the team, Surgical Techs make meaningful differences in
patient's lives. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced setting with
a focus on clinical excellence, unlock the possibilities in your
career by joining us. What You Will Do In This Role:
- You will create and maintain the sterile field.
- You will prepare the Operating Room: set up sterilized
instruments, position patient and assist others with gloves and
- You will assist the surgical team as needed: pass instruments,
fluids and supplies, hold retractors and prepare equipment.
- You will provide proper counting techniques for all
instruments, sponges and tools.
- You will assist with transport and transfer of patients.
- You will apply safety procedures and principles in all actions.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Vocational School Graduate
- Technician in Surgery (NCCT), or Certified Surgical Technician
(CST), or Certified Operating Room TechnicianThis role requires you
to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or
federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved).Medical City Plano opened in 1975 and provides Plano
and Collin County with advanced health care. Medical City Plano is
a 600+ bed acute care hospital. We have more than 2,000 employees
and over 1,400 physicians on staff. Our main campus in Plano has a
cancer treatment center and cardiovascular programs. We have The
Bariatric Surgery Institute, a Wound Care Center and inpatient
rehabilitation. We also offer complete women's and children's
services. This includes a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3
neonatal intensive-care unit. We were the first hospital in Dallas,
Collin or Denton counties to be named a Comprehensive Stroke Center
by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Medical City
Plano was the first Level I Trauma Center in Collin County and The
Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas was the first burn center in
Collin County. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals
and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical
experts and advanced healthcare innovations."Good people beget good
people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Coord Surgical Technician opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Plano , Coord Surgical Technician, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!