Supply Chain Supervisor
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Supply Chain Services Supervisor provides
supervision, direction, and support of assigned supply chain staff
to meet established standards and goals for safety, productivity,
supply chain activities, and quality. This role maintains
responsibility for ensuring consistent, accurate, and efficient
delivery of supplies and services to the facility departments via
supervisory engagement. Participates in oversight of semi-annual
inventory of warehouse/General Stores, and facility supply par
areas. -ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supervises assigned staff which includes the responsibility
for, or whose recommendations are given particular weight, for
hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation,
and problem resolution.
- Monitors, corrects, and performs employee time and
- Handles escalated issues from staff and determines proper
method for resolution or determines if it should be escalated
further to management.
- Performs leadership role in all warehouse/General Stores
- Ensures efficiencies in SCS logistics and processes. Identifies
new opportunities for efficiencies and provides feedback to
management. Identifies, reports, and communicates to management
trends and/or irregularities.
- Analyzes deficiencies and develops plans to correct.
- Participates in the development of short and long-range goals
for the department including budget, staffing, and systems
- Participates in special projects involving continuous
improvement both inside and outside area(s) of direct
- Oversees delivery process of supplies to customer
- Maintains orderly and organized work area to facilitate
- Analyzes and resolves all necessary Lawson inventory control
and open receiving reports.
- Oversees accurate documentation of supply distribution tracking
for volumes and trends.
- Engages in problem-solving techniques during daily
- Supervises the accuracy of min/maxes, Quantities on Hand, and
- Ensures accurate tracking of supply data such as back orders,
manufacturer numbers, expiration dates, product recalls, lot
numbers, etc. as needed.
- Provides feedback to SCS director/manager in establishing,
maintaining, and managing policies and procedures.
- Communicates with BHCS customer service and vendor customer
service for problem resolution on supply issues
- The information contained in this job description is intended
to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned
to this job.
- It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
to perform the job.
- Please note that management retains the right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The ideal candidate has strong customer service skills,
leadership, problem solving and decision making skills and have the
ability to work in a team environment, supervise, train and
motivate employees.The ability to competently perform all the
essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable
accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer
service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively
as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all
positions at Baylor Scott & White Health - -BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes*:Immediate eligibility for health and
welfare benefits401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up
to 5%Tuition ReimbursementPTO accrual beginning Day 1*Note:
Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Associate's Degree plus 1 year of experience OR High School
Diploma plus 3 years of experience -
- Administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise, train, and motivate employees Leadership,
problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills Strong customer service skills -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Supply Chain Supervisor, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!