DC Services Technician
Company: ABB Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DC Services TechnicianTake your next career step at ABB with a
global team that is energizing the transformation of society and
industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB,
we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across
all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and
generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and
every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and
celebrates individual differences.Join ABB and work in a team that
is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital
technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.ABB---s
Electrification Power Conversion (ELPC) empowers smarter business
operations by connecting equipment, software and services to
protect, control and optimize assets within electrical
infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various
industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help
ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical
infrastructure.Working with customers to ensure our products and
systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide
variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and
reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety.
Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and
emissions.The role reports to South Services Manager and is located
in Texas/Oklahoma area. The Level IV (4) DC Power Installer will be
working on circuit modifications, power transition operations,
addition and removal of circuits on working power distribution
sources, power system equipment test and turn-up, overseeing
volatile work activities and performing Site Supervisors
responsibilities on a job site. Your responsibilities
- ---Generates revenue by planning and executing sales
transactions which address and provide product/applications
solutions to complex business issues.
- ---Perform work operations on working equipment or circuits
without direct supervision by a Site Supervisor.
- ---DC Controller Software adds or upgrades. DC Power transition
- ---Addition or removal of telecom batteries. Addition or
removal of circuits on working power distribution sources.
- ---Perform equipment testing and turn-up.
- ---Oversees volatile work activities inside energized
- ---Additions, removals, wiring connections, and modifications
on working equipment and circuits.
- ---Addition or removal of common systems
- ---Addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-working
- ---Lead verification (voltage).
- ---Analysis of job specifications and Engineering
- ---Resolve job specifications and/or Engineering drawing
- Your background
- ---High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of six (6) years of
experience in DC power equipment installation.
- ---Electrical degree, certificate or apprenticeship
- ---AC Electrical experience is a plus.
- ---A valid driver---s license.
- ---Ability and willingness to travel approximately 100% and
willingness to work different shifts (swing shifts).
- ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS: ABB will only employ those who are
legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the
future, for this job opening.
- More about usWe look forward to receiving your application. If
you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our
website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the
workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family
medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more
information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please
visit the following
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Plano , DC Services Technician, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!