IT Business Analyst
Company: At Home Group Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Summary:The IT Business Analyst reports to the Project
Manager as part of the Information Technology team, to provide
analysis of user requests and development of well-defined,
documented requirements for new systems and modifications to
existing systems. This role works closely and collaboratively with
users from all At Home departments, and is involved with all
aspects of the corporate systems lifecycle including design,
development, and support of the deployed solutions. Key Roles &
- Work closely with IT Management, Software developers, and
business users to identify and/or create Business & Functional
Requirements, As-is & To-Be Processes, and Business Case.
- Actively participates in identifying system impacts, defining
high level solutions and facilitating work effort estimation on
Project or System Enhancement requests
- Understand and advocate for Agile best practices for all
- Defines and documents IT functions and processes.
- Work with IT/Business to identify, define and document business
needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems,
input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between IT and Business in the analysis,
design, configuration, testing and maintenance of IT systems to
ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new
systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system
design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business
specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures
for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes
through information systems and/or non-system driver changes;
assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems
and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential
implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new
- Directs or participates in studies of new and existing programs
and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems
including organizational, procedural, and technical
- Develops policy and procedures to improve efficiency,
cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer
- Assist QA Analyst with testing execution, bug tracking, re-test
and user acceptance testing as needed
- Must be a self-starter and be able work well in fast paced,
dynamic environmentQualifications - ExternalQualifications &
- Five to seven or more years of experience designing and
creating Business & Functional Requirements, As-is & To-Be
Processes, and Business Case.
- Strong, end-to-end understanding and experience with knowledge
of system development life cycles.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with Waterfall,
Iterative, and Agile/SCRUM Methodology
- Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond
to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and the
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities
with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using
written and spoken English, including the ability to provide clear,
constructive direction and feedback to team members.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Information
Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent
year-for-year experience preferred.
- Retail industry experience preferred, especially related to any
of the following areas: store operations, warehouse distribution,
store allocation, merchandising, marketing, accounting, and
- Knowledge of JDA, SAP, PKMS, and .Net application development
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries operating system and applications
Keywords: At Home Group Inc., Plano , IT Business Analyst, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!