Company: HMG America
Posted on: February 21, 2021
HMG America LLC is the best Business Solutions focused
Information Technology Company with IT consulting and services,
software and web development, staff augmentation and other
professional services. One of our direct clients is looking for
RSDM - Network Consultant in Plano, TX. Below is the detailed job
description. Job Title: RSDM - Network Consultant Location: Plano,
TX Duration: 6-12 months JOB DESCRIPTION: (CCIE certification is
must.) The position of a RSDM is responsible for the ongoing
network operations management. The ideal candidate will have deep
experience of networking technologies, such as routing, switching,
wireless networking; managing heterogeneous environment & generate
metrics related to Network performance, capacity, availability,
failure rates, and will also have a strong background in network
performance management, service delivery and strategic operations
planning with a strong technical orientation & creative in problem
solving. Key responsibilities include:
- This is a hands-on technical role:
- Provide tier-3 (expert level) operational support to resolve
critical business issues that require deep network troubleshooting
techniques and performance analysis
- Independently own the Network Infrastructure support solving
complex issues and suggest design modifications as
- Ensure SLAs are met - Responsible for performance analysis,
proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning for the Network
- Perform monitoring and maintenance of overall environment
working with experienced team members.
- Perform change controls. Update process documentation and team
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis,
performance analysis & Root Cause Analysis.
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding system issues &
participate in 24x7 on-call.
- Automate operational tasks to make processes simpler and more
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic
environment, with tight deadlines concurrently.
- Manage network service providers and matrixed resources
- Refresh heat-maps and operations plans for campus networks, and
all WAN, LAN, and WLAN connectivity
- Monitor and analyze statistical data to develop improvement
plans for network and application performance
- Provide an effective network capacity plan
- Develop and monitor global weekly and monthly trending reports
by business sectors to justify future growth Additional
- Oversees the management of service level agreements (SLAs) with
vendors and service providers
- Oversees and directs all aspects of the 24/7/365 mission
critical network/telecommunication infrastructure operations;
including planning, supporting, and maintaining functions
- Serves as the senior-level escalation point for network
operations to resolve critical incidents
- Maintains policy and procedures manual, conducts monthly
service review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Provides leadership, management, direction, and technical
oversight for the network operations department Required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or related qualification
- Certifications is a must (CCIE SP or Routing/ Switching)
- Minimum 12+ years of working in a Network / Telecommunications
role, with expert level experience with MPLS, SIP, IP, Wi-Fi,
SD-WAN, VPN, Firewalls, etc technologies
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural, virtual team, across
multiple geographical regions
- Experience with technologies such as: Cisco/Arista / Juniper
HSRP/VRRP, VRF, VPC, VC, LACP, Fabric Path.
- Extensive support of Routing Protocols/Technologies such BGP,
OSPF, Logical Overlay, IOS-XR, MPLS VPN, Multicast.
- Experience with DDI / IP Address management on solutions such
- Strong understanding of application communication
- Ability to perform TCP/IP Network traces/packet captures with
solid experience interpreting results.
- High level of confidence and competence communicating on
- Solid background in vendor management to drive incident
- Experience with monitoring tools and strategies.
- Execute and analyze packet captures using Netscout, Wireshark
and other related technologies.
- Perform or participate in complex maintenance or deployment
- Create or modify documentation in response to new events and
- Routinely provide constructive feedback for improvement
- Ability to coordinate and direct activities across multiple
- Excellent customer focus and engagement skills
- Ability to develop solutions within a complex operational
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of technical/business environment and
problem determination strategies
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedure manual and
processes used by the team - provided by Dice
Keywords: HMG America, Plano , Network Consultant, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!