Decision Science Analyst Senior - Real Estate and Business Controls
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Decision
Science Analyst Senior - Real Estate and Business Controls for one
of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Phoenix
Campus, Plano Legacy or Remote.
This role will support the Bank Business Controls and Mortgage
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise.
Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical
and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative
analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make `insight to
action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive
change. The essence of work performed involves gathering,
manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions,
behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw
conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable
strategies.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate
or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and
collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large
scale with significant impact to current and/or future business
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action'
recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to
effectively present to various levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant
points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources
required to fully answer and address the problem for the
recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the
appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and
testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to
replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the
application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative
analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys
understanding, influences various levels of management, garners
support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and
influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline OR
4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative
analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a
degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience
A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision
support analytic function.
If Master's Degree, 4 or more years experience in a decision
support analytic function.
If PhD, 3 or more years experience in a decision support analytic
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical
techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Experience with Machine Learning model development
- Proficient with Python
- Background in Statistics
- Banking experienceThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 5/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , Decision Science Analyst Senior - Real Estate and Business Controls, Professions , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!