Front Office Supervisor
Company: Quorum Hotels
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The front office supervisor is responsible for assisting the GSM
with the operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly,
efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality
service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel
Hospitality standards, scheduling which will vary according to
hotel business levels.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
(per brand standards).
- Always comply with standards and regulations to encourage safe
and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous, and
efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in
an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure
- Assist to motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest
Services personnel according to hotel standards.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training standards.
- Assist with preparation of all Guest Services interviews and
follow hiring procedures according to standards.
- Assist with Guest Service employee performance appraisals.
- Assist in the development of employee morale and ensure
training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate efficiency, monitor credit report, and maintain close
observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms Merchandising meetings with all
appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select
sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Assist with supervision of the Night Audit function and monitor
the reporting for accuracy.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to AGM/GM on a timely basis.
- Assist with preparation of employee schedules according to
business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain standards regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of
invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that any payroll and revenue forecasting are completed
on a timely basis according to hotel standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees, and other
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees follow proper telephone etiquette.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring courtesy
and up-selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with hotel standards.
- Ensure implementation of all policies and house rules.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other
functions required by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently
- Follow and enforce hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that employees are always attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly team
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in
contributing to the guest service scores.
- Ensure lobby and public space is cleaned and sanitized every
hour; more often is lobby and/or public space is busy.
- Sanitize all keys that are turned in.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required parts of all front office and stationary
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated
by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office logbook and Guest Request log daily.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in
implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as
airline mileage, Triple Upgrade, or V.I.P. programs, and the
standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts,
reports, and tracking logs.
- Other duties as required. Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2 or 4-year college degree and 1 or more years
of related experience.
- Some supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems. Amazing
- Paid holidays & paid sick time!
- Vacation time off!
- Education program - if you are looking for a career in
Hospitality, you can take advantage of our tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance - you may participate in our
health benefits after 30 days of employment with us!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - plan your retirement with our generous
company match! (terms and conditions apply)
- Hotel Travel Discounts!
- Daily Pay - control when you get paid! Voluntary benefit that
let's you access your pay the same day!
Keywords: Quorum Hotels, Plano , Front Office Supervisor, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...