Company: Toyota Motor Corporation
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Who we are
At Toyota, we are reimagining mobility through innovative, high-quality technology solutions designed to enhance lives and meet our company mission of "Producing Happiness for All." If you are interested in reimagining mobility with us in an inclusive environment built on teamwork that puts respect for people first, we want to talk to you.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company - delivering on Toyota's vision to move people beyond what's possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an Application Architect, a Toyota Financial Services (TFS) technical leadership role for the Consumer Lending Servicing domain.
The person in this role will have both technical strategy and design, and support teams in delivery responsibilities for the custom software, SaaS products, APIs, and integrations that support servicing customers' loans and leases and reporting to Credit Reporting Agencies.
This role requires a strong knowledge of application development, database design, and systems implementation as this role is a "solution architect" crafting technical solutions to complex business needs. Success in this role requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on technical skills, with strong leadership, development management, and communication skills. The ability to work effectively within IDS, various vendors, and business teams to develop solutions that meet technology standards and business needs is required.
What you'll be doing
* Architecting and developing highly reliable, fault-tolerant applications and services with a focus on reliability, self-healing, performance, and scale.
* Driving the creation and adaption of technical and automation roadmaps, patterns, and practices for the respective area of focus.
* Articulating and communicating technology alternatives to various audiences across various product factories/leadership.
* Designing technical solutions across teams, communicating designs to development teams (factories), and supporting developers through the implementation, testing, and delivery of solutions.
* Ensuring solution designs include monitoring and logging to provide end-to-end visibility and automation.
* Ability to foster innovation among team members and drive best practices.
* Acting as liaison with the vendors, development teams, and business users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions.
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree or higher.
* Strong background in architecture/design of cloud hosting and on-prem software applications and services.
* Expertise in API development.
* Well-versed with architecting CI/CD pipelines and related tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
* Hands-on experience with one or more modern programming languages.
* Experience with queuing technologies, such as Kafka.
* Experience in Consumer Lending, Banking, and/or Fintech with technology delivery with an emphasis on enterprise information systems across multiple functions.
Added bonus if you have
* Bachelor's degree or higher, specifically in Computer Science, Technology, and Information Systems.
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
* Paid holidays and paid time off.
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
* Flexible spending accounts.
* Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members' efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Toyota Motor Corporation, Plano , Application Architect, Other , Plano, Texas
here to apply!