IT Operations Field Specialist
Company: Mitchell Martin
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Our client, a radiology firm, is seeking aIT Operations Field
Location: Plano, TX
Position Type: Contract
The IT Operations Field Specialist is responsible for the overall
IT success of a grouping of outpatient radiology imaging centers
and their ancillary call centers and/or administrative offices in a
given area. The person in this position provides support to users
that utilize several systems (RIS, PACS, Dictation, Microsoft
Office, etc.) and a variety of equipment (desktops, laptops,
printers, scanners, phones, network gear, etc.). Issues are
reported in various ways (ticketing system, email, phone, text,
etc.) and support (troubleshooting, implementing, replacing, etc.)
is provided on site, remotely, over the phone and via email. The
person in this role reports to the IT Operations Manager and/or the
IT Operations Team Lead and he or she can rely on him, her or them
and/or other specialized teams not only for escalated level two
support, but also to further enhance his or her understanding of
each system. Analyzing existing workflows or systems and making
proactive recommendations to improve them is not only welcomed, but
also encouraged in this role.
- Collaborate with operational leadership and other partners to
assess and deliver on functional needs of the business in relation
to hardware and software standards.
- Monitor, provide assistance with and achieve resolution to all
issues, service tickets and projects in given area. Enter, monitor
and complete all entries in the Support Desk tracking system, which
includes stating the issue(s), listing all troubleshooting steps,
providing a resolution and marking the records as complete.
- Communicate frequently with business leadership to have
understanding of ongoing and future projects to ensure that the IT
team is prepared to assist when needed.
- Visit sites and offices to check in with the managers and all
other users to find new and resolve active issues.
- Assist with installation, relocation, configuration,
troubleshooting and ongoing usability of phones, desktop computers,
peripheral equipment and software.
- Interact with IT Operations Manager and Subject Matter Experts
(SMEs) in other IT teams such as Clinical Applications, IS Admins,
Service Desk and Infrastructure to resolve user issues and further
develop understanding of systems, applications and workflows.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the equipment and
systems supported by the IS Service Desk by keeping current with
all documentation and by participating in continuing education
- Utilize industry best practices to maintain appropriate level
of LAN/WAN and computer systems security as established. Identify
and work with IS Admins support staff to rectify any noted
- Assist in maintaining oversight of all IS inventory stock;
including ordering, receiving, tracking, and deployment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, maintain
acceptable cable management practices and clean work area/computer
- Evaluate existing systems and/or user/business needs to
analyze, design, recommend and implement system updates and/or
- Monitor and maintain computer rooms, while keeping a working
knowledge of the configuration and purpose of the equipment in each
- Collaborate with vendors (Network, Telecom, etc.) to escalate
issues and create service tickets in their external ticketing
system. Communicate and deliver resolution to end users.
- Configure, monitor and support internal and external
- Provide end user support with application functionality and
escalate issues as needed.
- Image desktops and laptops. Build computers or change out
computer parts. Minimum Qualifications, Education And
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a related technical field
and/or a minimum of one (1) year of IT Support work
- Demonstrate strong operational and analytical abilities, with
superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
communicate effectively in person and in writing with all
employees, customers and vendors (ability to communicate in a
non-technical manner if needed).
- Possess and utilizes excellent customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of PC, printer, file servers, print servers
and network operations.
- Knowledge of network cabling, switches/hubs, routers,
firewalls, network diagnostic tools, network operating systems and
TCP/IP protocol is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems,
personal computer software set up and installation, and PC
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in
problem determination and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules
within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and
willingness to work additional hours beyond your regular shift as
the need arises.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, encryption
software and other PC based software applications
- Ability/flexibility to travel to/between sites as needed, must
possess a valid / unrestricted CA State Driver's License and proof
of insurance. Quality Standards:
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions
professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision,
co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism
and integrity, and exercises confidentiality in all areas of
- Follows all local, state and federal laws concerning employment
to include but not limited to: I-9, Harassment, EEOC, Civil rights
- Follows OSHA regulations, site protocols, policies and
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality
standards at all times.
- Practices universal safety precautions.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and
- Reports to work regularly as scheduled; consistently punctual
with respect to working hours, meal and rest breaks, and maintains
satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with the
- Consistently adheres to the time management policies and
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely manner.
- This position often requires sitting, standing, walking,
bending, twisting reaching with hands and arms, using hands and
fingers, handling, constant talking, and hearing, speaking, and
- Visual acuity to read computer screens and written
- Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally.
- Travel between centers will be required as workload
Keywords: Mitchell Martin, Plano , IT Operations Field Specialist, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...