Ultrasound Technologist - $33-48 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Ultrasound Technologist
for a job in Plano, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Ultrasound Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Shift:--Sunday-Thursday 10:30pm-7:00am with rotating call &
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000 (external applicants only)
Location: BSW Medical Center - Plano
The Ultrasound Technologist, under general supervision of a
Radiologist, performs ultrasound procedures on ambulatory and
hospital patients as requested by a physician or other licensed
provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality ultrasound procedures, according to exam
protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of
imaging procedures by following established standards and
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
- Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques.
- Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing
invasive multimodality procedures and maintains hand hygiene
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal
operational capabilities of equipment.
- Reports issues to management or appropriate department. Assists
in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality ultrasound procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks exclusively without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION ---Basic Life Support (BLS):
BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- ARRT-BS Breast Sonography (ARRT-BS), ARRT-S Sonography
(ARRT-S), Musculoskeletal Sonography (MSK), Reg Diag Med
Sono-Abdomen (AB) (RDMS-AB), Reg Diag Med Sono-Breast (BR)
(RDMS-BR), Reg Diag Med Sono-OB/GYN (OB) (RDMS-OB), Registered
Vascular Sonographe (RVS), Registered Vascular Tech (RVT):
Registered in one of the following: American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographers ARDMS (OB/GYN) or (AB) or (BR) or (MSK) or
(RVT) OR American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT(S) or
(BS) OR the Cardio Credentialing Intl. CCI (RVS) Certified by the
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in
Vascular Technology (RVT) within one (1) year of position effective
date required for employees in departments that perform vascular
Recruiter: Aubrey ClevingerBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23004546.
Posted job title: Ultrasound TechAbout Baylor Scott & White
HealthBaylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit
health care system in the state of Texas.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Ultrasound Technologist - $33-48 per hour, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...