Verizon Senior Network Security Architect - Richardson, TX
Posted on: January 27, 2023
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Network Security Assurance team within Verizon Global Network
Management is seeking a Senior Network Security Architect to work
on our team ensuring the operational security of next-generation
Verizon networks supporting exciting new products like 5G. As a
Network Security Architect for the Network Security Assurance
group, you will be part of a team to manage and implement strategic
and tactical initiatives to secure Verizon networks, business, and
customers. You will work in a cross-functional and
cross-organizational environment to facilitate and define solutions
for improving Verizon's network security posture. You will provide
analysis and support for the various teams within Network Security
as well as other Network and Security teams. You will ensure broad
adoption and implementation of Network Security plans and services,
and provide visibility of the security posture across Verizon's
- - Facilitating communication and working in partnership with
- - Ensuring implementation of network security plans and
- - Retrofitting and uplifting current network security
- - Ensuring broad coverage and visibility of network security
posture and hygiene.
- - Gathering, analysing, and synthesizing information.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- - Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- - Experience in using Splunk or other analysis tools.
- - Knowledge of networking concepts such as TCP/IP and Internet
- - Experience in security risk analysis and assessment.
- - Experience in troubleshooting network issues and providing root
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- - Network Security certifications such as CISSP.
- - Experience in organization and project management skills.
- - Ability to work with diverse stakeholders including highly
technical teams, business owners, and executives.
- - Experience in BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) routing security,
and RPKI (Resource Public Key Infrastructure).
- - Knowledge of 4G/LTE and 5G wireless standards and
- - Knowledge of Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP).
- - Knowledge of technical product and systems development
lifecycle within a large global enterprise environment.
- - Knowledge of network threats such as DDoS (Distributed Denial
- - Ability to manage and balance business and technical
- - Experience in searching and building reporting using Splunk or
- - Knowledge ofdata analytics skills.
- - Experience in using APIs and other equipment configuration
interfaces like netconf.
- - Good communication skills to clearly document security
requirements and issues and explain complex technical issues to
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Network Security Architect, Location: Plano,
TX - 75024 , PL: 558652408
Keywords: Verizon, Plano , Verizon Senior Network Security Architect - Richardson, TX, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!