Firewall (Palo Alto) Engineer
Company: Diverse Lynx
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Position :: Firewall (Palo Alto) Engineer
Location:: Plano, Texas
Duration 12 month
Interview :: video
Level 2/3 Network Security Engineer
2. Play a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role on network security
3. Deep and strong understanding of firewall (Layer-2 and Layer-3),
Internet proxy, DNS, SSL VPN, multi-factor authentication and IPS
4. Ability to implement and support complex security architectures
involving but not limited to the above listed technologies.
5. Strong experience on Palo Alto Network firewalls
6. Very strong hands-on experience on implementation and advanced
troubleshooting in Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, & Fortinet
(Forti Manager & Forti Analyzer) firewalls in High-availability
7. Maintaining various firewalls, virtual private networks, web
protocols, and email security.
8. Extensive exposure on Blue Coat, McAfee proxies involving
complex traffic troubleshooting. 9. Understanding of commonly used
protocols and services (e.g. SSL, TCP/UDP, HTTP, FTP/SFTP, NTP,
Telnet, NFS, SSH, LDAP, etc.)
10. Good understanding of routing technologies including OSPF, BGP,
GRE Tunnel and IPSEC VPNs with the ability to design and
troubleshoot complex enterprise network infrastructure. 11. Good
understanding of Remote Access products with 2-factor
12. Good conceptual understandings of Switching & F5 load
13. Expertise on packet capturing and deep packet analysis
14. Experience working on process-oriented organizations involving
incident, change, problem and configuration management process.
15. Ability to analyze problems and perform Root Cause Analyses as
and when required
16. Leading the projects
17. Project reviews, project meetings and project delivery, Leading
Technology upgrade programs
18. Candidate need to have Level 2/3 experience with Firewall Setup
and support in enterprise/large corporate environment in current or
most recent position.
Role and responsibility ::
1. Serve as primary support for security environment by managing
customer devices and end-
to-end security services, identifying sources of problems, and
resolving configuration issues.
2. Deep understanding of Firewall technologies.
3. Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
4. Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
5. Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security
level of the firm.
6. Responsible to identify threats, vulnerabilities etc. & take
7. Consults about network performance, throughput, protocols,
network security, and
infrastructure technology changes.
8. Defining and maintaining security policies.
9. Occasionally replacing the security system protocol and
Diverse Lynx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive due consideration for employment
without any discrimination. All applicants will be evaluated solely
on the basis of their ability, competence and their proven
capability to perform the functions outlined in the corresponding
role. We promote and support a diverse workforce across all levels
in the company.
Keywords: Diverse Lynx, Plano , Firewall (Palo Alto) Engineer, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!