Company: 002 United Services Automobile Asn
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Designer
Senior for our Plano, TX location. USAA values a culture that is
highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type
helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating
in-person in the office and working from home when needed to
achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined
between each employee and the employee's manager. This position may
also have the option of working remotely in the continental U.S.
with occasional travel as requested. The candidate selected for
this role will join a delivery-focused design team responsible for
crafting the quoting, purchasing, and servicing experiences for
USAA's flagship product -- Auto Insurance. They will join a mature
design organization that is ripe opportunities to confidently grow
their knowledge and skills across a wide variety of design
disciplines.Drives work within high-performing,
cross-organizational teams by applying advanced knowledge and
experience in the practice of human-centered design. Synthesizes
the work of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unified design
vision for complex Member and Employee experiences in a
data-informed, agile environment. Demonstrates the value of design
by building trust-based relationships that influence the alignment
of stakeholders across projects, teams, and functions.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history --and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing. -Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives the definition of business problems, design
requirements, and demonstrate a solution's potential success for
moderately complex projects.
- Co-facilitates a cross-functional understanding of business
problems and potential design solutions using human-centered design
sessions and group discussions to achieve actionable outcomes.
- Navigates multiple workstreams from discovery to
implementation, balancing efforts, priorities, and partnerships for
- Guides the development and facilitation of human-centered
research efforts, the synthesis of research findings and the
generation of insights.
- Works autonomously to create holistic member experiences
leveraging extensive knowledge of interaction design, visual
design, and/or content design.
- Articulates ideas and solutions using a range of storytelling
techniques to inspire and compel audiences to align on
- Mentors developing designers across the Chief Design Office.
Provides constructive day-to-day feedback to team members.
- Applies advanced understanding of human-centered and service
design practices and leverages multiple methods to solve complex
- Stays abreast of current digital and mobile technology trends,
in the area of application architecture with best practices within
the digital development ecosystemMinimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree: OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant, on-the-job experience in a Product Design,
UX Design, Service Design or Design Research role delivering
complex design systems for web and native applications.
- Extensive experience designing and supporting digital products
inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles,
methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates extensive experience designing
digital experiences for mobile and web-based applications.
- Advanced facilitation, collaboration and consensus-building
skills, with extensive experience in presenting to cross-functional
teams and Senior/Executive leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently in standard applications,
including Sketch, InVision (or comparable prototyping tools), Adobe
CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of new technologies and
best practices in website navigation, browsers, mobile patterns,
information architecture and usability.
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for web and
mobile applications (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills, time management skills and strong attention
- Highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple
projects/task at once while facilitating a diverse group of
- Demonstrates a strategic mindset by decomposing complex
problems into a clear and achievable workstream requiring limited
support and direction for decision making.Preferred Experience:
- Two or more years of experience delivering design solutions in
a corporate environment or similar organization.
- Two or more years of experience in the financial services or
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical, systemic, and
business considerations in the financial services industry.
- Three or more years of experience utilizing and contributing to
ongoing evolution of a Design Language System.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$97,200 - $175,000* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: 002 United Services Automobile Asn, Plano , Designer Senior, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!