DB Administrator - Relaunch program
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job ID: 161741
Required Travel : No Travel
Managerial - No
Location: :USA-TX, Plano, Tennyson Pkwy (AM)
Who are we?
Amdocs helps those who build the future to make it amazing. With
our market-leading portfolio of software products and services, we
unlock our customers' innovative potential, empowering them to
provide next-generation communication and media experiences for
both the individual end user and enterprise customers. Our 30,000
employees around the globe are here to accelerate service
providers' migration to the cloud, enable them to differentiate in
the 5G era, and digitalize and automate their operations. Listed on
the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.3 billion
in fiscal 2021. For more information, visit Amdocs at
Relaunch your career program details:
Relaunch your career program details:
We understand that careers often take detours and not the
traditional route. It can be an uphill task trying to get back on
track. Relaunch your career with Amdocs offers you an opportunity
to relaunch your career in a supportive and collaborative
Our program is a Direct Hire model available to candidates who are
returning to their professional career after experiencing 1 or more
years of unemployment or underemployment. Successful candidates
must meet all the basic qualifications of the program and reside
within the United States.
Program Basic Qualifications:
- 1+ year of current unemployment
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Mid-level career stage with prior hands-on work experience of a
minimum of 2 years
Program Eligibility Requirement:
Candidates should not be currently enrolled full-time in an
undergraduate program and currently on a career break. If enrolled
in a graduate program, must have completed a minimum of 2 years
hands-on work experience prior to enrollment.
Applications are open until September 16, 2022
In one sentence
The DB administrator is handling physical and applicative database
administration activities supporting end 2 end life cycle of
product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
- You will support the following levels: Physical - responsible
for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage,
security, networking and more; Application - you will handle all
application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL's
- Ensure database resources are sized accurately and a design
strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained
at a healthy size.
- You will ensure availability and performance of multi database
and application environments with very large volumes and
- You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance,
backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- You will execute periodic health checks for databases and
recommend changes that should be executed in the production
environment to ensure efficient performance.
- You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as
part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- You will work closely with developers, assist them with
database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes,
All you need is...
- At least 3 years' experience as a DBA in a large environment
with Oracle 10g, 11g, 12g,RAC and ASM - database management and
- Desirable experience : MSSQL 2005/8/12
- You will have the ability to work with Linux/Unix and Windows
based OS Environment
- Experience in working with large scale projects and databases
- Extensive operation systems knowledge and network architecture
- Experience in working and configuration of storage
- Experience in operating within a sophisticated, multi-interface
Why you will love this job:
- Drive growth by constantly looking for opportunities to bring
more value to new and existing customers. Calling upon your superb
communication skills and the ability to clearly translate business
benefits that our service offerings provide.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly
collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and
- Join us in our expanding organization, with ever growing
opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of
employee engagement in Amdocs!
- We provide stellar benefits that range from health insurance to
paid time off, sick leave, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from
all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and
Keywords: Amdocs, Plano , DB Administrator - Relaunch program, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!