DevOps Software Engineer - Mid Level
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented DevOps Software Engineer
- Mid Level for our Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX Or Phoenix
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
The candidate selected for this position will be a part of the
Policy Insurance Communication System Team, supporting our DevOps
journey through a focus on automation, tooling, and
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class
technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems
and application development lifecycle which include gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and
implementing software, responding to outages.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting
- Continually improves operations by conducting complex systems
analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs complex solutions by determining and
designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Mentors' junior engineers and may being mentoring peer
engineers; Review teammates' codeMinimum requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved
certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or
eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 2 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Experience supporting efforts to address production issues
through troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutionsWhen
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- 2+ years of experience with a container framework such as
Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux containers, Git, GitHub,
GitLab CI, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, npm.
- Software development experience with Java EE technologies like
JAX-RS, JPA on JBoss/WebSphere and with Shell programing and
scripting languages such as Python & Groovy
- 2+ years of experience building and working with CICD pipelines
in DevOps environments.
- 2+ years in Automated Integration and Functional Test Suites
like Selenium, WebDriverIO, RESTEasy, Ready API, etcThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation: USAA has an effective method for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$88,200.00 - $158,900.00* Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Plano , DevOps Software Engineer - Mid Level, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!