Senior Staff Accountant
Company: Vaco Financial
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Staff AccountantPlano - Hybrid (3X/week)One of Vaco's
California-based SaaS clients has a vacancy for a Senior-Staff
Accountant for the accounting team based here in Plano. This will
report to the Accounting Manager we placed late last year and is a
role that is designed to promote to full Senior in a relatively
short period of time. Vaco has done a ton of business with this
particular client and have gotten rave review from the candidates
we placed on culture, work life balance and benefits. Day to day
action items include maintaining the general ledger, reconciling
accounts, prepping month end close items, and supporting management
with ad hoc projects. This would represent a great opportunity to
get exposure to complex accounting in a high-volume/high-growth
environment with multiple career paths for individuals looking to
grow in the organization (Controller highly believes in mentorship
and continuous improvement.)Summary of Responsibilities:
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including
daily interaction with internal business partners and external
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and related balance
sheet account reconciliations.
- Create process efficiencies using technology; strong data
skills for structuring and enriching data to achieve business
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills using VLOOKUPS, Pivot
Tables, INDEX MATCH, etc.
- Blackline experience in loading data files, certifying recons,
and using reporting functionalities.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Intermediate MS Excel background.
- Experience working with various systems, including but not
limited to Dynamics 365, SAP, Concur and/or Blackline.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S.
GAAP.Experience with financial reporting and financial statement
preparation.General ledger and related reconciliation
experience.Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement,
executive search, managed services, and strategic staffing
solutions for companies around the world, in the areas of
accounting, finance, technology, healthcare, operations and more.
As a premier talent solutions firm, Vaco connects people to their
dream jobs and helps leading companies find talent to grow their
business. Please let us know if we can help you with this, or
another role, for your next step in your career!
Keywords: Vaco Financial, Plano , Senior Staff Accountant, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!