Inside Property Adjuster
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role
where you can see that you are making a difference in people's
lives? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for
growth?Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims,
evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost
estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage
consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement
according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate
settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils. Training
is a critical component to your success and that success starts
with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during
training is mandatory. Responsibility:
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining
relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of
property losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to
adjust short duration business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to
determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as
required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and
reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other
purposes monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and
- Keeps the insured and others informed about the claim's status
with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications.
Determines depreciation of claim. .
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and
the policy terms and conditions.
- Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and
final payments when appropriate.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying
complexity and perils.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with
accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the
adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Knowledge of commercial property claims adjusting methods
(coverage evaluation, loss assessment, etc.), legal/regulatory
environment, financial concepts;
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction
- Knowledge of coverages provided within various homeowner
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while
exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; interpersonal
skills; computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted
systems; and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally
acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at
least 6 months of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.At Liberty
Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently
pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on
openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our
expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn
your passion into a rewarding profession. Liberty Mutual has
proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place
to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one
of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's Insider Pro and
Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been
named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and
one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of
America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our
commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: We value your
hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we
put people first by offering you benefits that support your life
and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please
visit: Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Plano , Inside Property Adjuster, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!