Transaction Advisory Services Associate
Company: Whitley Penn
Posted on: January 15, 2022
How We WorkWhitley Penn has become one of the region's most
distinguished and fastest growing public accounting firms by
providing exceptional service that reaches far beyond traditional
accounting. We believe in working in collaborative teams with an
emphasis on open-door policy and encouraging entrepreneurial
thinking. We learn, innovate, and succeed by sharing knowledge,
embracing diversity, and working together. We are all part of the
same family and each person matters. We are more than just a
As a member of our Transaction Services department, you will assist
in conducting financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
(M&A) transactions. You will gain exposure to a wide variety of
industries and interact directly with highly successful
entrepreneurs. Our work environment is excellence focused. If you
enjoy surrounding yourself with extremely smart people who like to
think deeply about a wide variety of interesting business
situations, you may be a great fit for our team!How Will You Make
- Participate in buy-side financial due diligence / quality of
earnings engagements related to acquisitions by private equity
investors and corporate buyers.
- Participate in sell-side financial due diligence / quality of
earnings engagements related to preparing companies for sale in
coordination with their investment bankers.
- Analyze financial results of companies involved in or preparing
for a transaction through reviewing accounting information and
conducting interviews with management.
- Identify accounting related issues where the company has
historically not prepared certain entries properly, for example
correcting accruals or the timing of specific journal entries.
- Identify issues for changes in purchase price consideration,
deal structuring or deal termination.
- Assist with writing detailed reports explaining specific
findings encountered as a result of the financial due diligence
- Strong client relationship skills to reinforce relationships
with current and prospective clients of the firm as well as
counterparties in transactions.
How Will You Get Here?
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters preferred
- CPA license or CPA eligible preferred
- Strong current knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate key issues to other members of the
project team in a timely fashion and to be open to guidance from
more senior members of the team.
- Ability to independently manage multiple project tasks in an
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in
a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary, approximately
three days per month
- Someone who likes continuously learning.
- Prefer self-motivated people with a positive attitude who care
deeply about client excellence.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary and great benefits.
- Exciting career path with opportunities for advancement.
- Culture focused on an open and collaborative atmosphere.
- Leadership dedicated to playing a key role in your success
Keywords: Whitley Penn, Plano , Transaction Advisory Services Associate, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!