Chaplain 2 McKinney
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Chaplain 2 provides advanced spiritual care as
part of the holistic, multidisciplinary team approach when helping
patients deal with or recover from their illness or injury.
Provides compassionate spiritual and emotional support for all
Baylor Scott & White Health patients, family members and staff,
regardless of faith background or religious affiliation.
Participates in the training and professional development of staff
and oversees volunteers and residents.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and conducts religious services
for patients, their families and staff including weekly worship,
memorial services, baptisms, weddings, anointing and coordinating
- Provides counseling and other spiritual education activities
for employees, students, and patients.
- Supports the end-of-life care for patients by offering pastoral
support and counseling to patients and families.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, social workers,
counselors, and ancillary staff as part of an interdisciplinary
treatment team in assessing patient needs and to strengthen patient
- Conducts a pastoral assessment of a patient's spiritual and
emotional status and the need for spiritual care.
- Develops relationships with local churches, community agencies
and service organizations which supports the Baylor Scott & White
Health community. Recruits, trains, and coordinates pastoral care
- Documents and maintains individual records of spiritual
counseling for patients.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of philosophical systems and religions.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of pastoral care and
the role of a chaplain in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of the religious beliefs and practices of various
faiths, groups, and denominations.
- Able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and in
- Interpersonal and listening skills.
- Skill in counseling patients, family members and staff.
- Ability to counsel and comfort individuals during periods of
- Ability to actively participate as a member of a professional
- Denominational endorsement for chaplaincy, ordination or
commissioning to ministry preferred.BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: -Masters' or
Bachelors plus 2 years of work experience above the minimum
qualificationEXPERIENCE: -2 Years of
ExperienceCERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Board Cert Chaplain
(BCC): BCC may be applied to required years of experience. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Plano , Chaplain 2 McKinney, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!