Systems Engineer, Machine Vision Automation
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering
technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical
diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions
for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency
departments, physician offices and clinics. Our location in Irving,
TX, currently has an opportunity for Systems Engineer, Machine
Vision Automation. WHAT YOU'LL DO The Systems Engineer is
responsible for understanding the processes needed to design and
manage systems over their life cycles. Applies an
interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop
and verify a life-cycle balanced system of systems and
system/subsystems solution(s) which satisfies customer/operational
needs and public/regulatory acceptability. This includes a
multitude of systems requirements that range from design,
development, test methodologies, validations, risk analysis,
documentation, and process improvements.
- Defines system performance (requirements).
- Integrates technical parameters.
- Assures compatibility of all physical, functional and program
interfaces to optimize total system of systems and/or
- Perform specialty engineering analyses (such as affordability,
safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems
integration, system security, regulatory, certification, and
product assurance) to obtain a preferred configuration which
assures product success. Main Responsibilities:
- Defines system requirements, system specifications and
input/output process, etc.. Analyzes system requirements, user
needs, system design, and coordinates system evaluation
- Participates in design reviews, development and testing to
assess performance against design specification; reliability
testing, and assessment of system interactions.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and
troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible
- Documents system requirements by writing documents, reports,
memos, change requests, etc. Methods used are determined by
approved procedures and standards.
- Conducts special studies or experiments to improve systems
engineering practices, system quality, and define new components,
products or processes.
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in
identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving System
- Continuously improves process and work methodologies by
interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyze
activities to improve workflow and work processes.
- Ensure relevant engineering knowledge and skills are up-to-date
(e.g. methods and tools within software engineering, mathematics,
requirements engineering, risk management, good documentation
practices, product development, etc.)
- Collaborate with various Engineering departments/disciplines
(e.g., design, test, software, technology) through knowledge of the
interaction between departments/disciplines and how their
products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering
processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business, Quality).
- Provide products and services that meet the highest technical
and quality standards, regulatory requirements, and company
policies and processes and embrace first-time quality as a way of
life - not accepting, creating or passing any defects and speaking
- Develops machine vision applications and image processing
algorithms. Implements these applications in a real-time processing
environment on medical instrumentation. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE,
YOU'LL BRING Required:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or closely related
discipline preferred; Bachelor's in Electrical, Mechanical, or
Systems Engineering preferred.
- 2 years of related work experience with degree or sufficient
transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a
- Applies engineering technical knowledge for specified
engineering discipline for subsystem development. Preferred:
- Proficiency in Python and C++ programming languages.
- Machine Vision experience with factory automation /
- 5 + years of relevant experience in leading complex system and
- Ability to lead and utilize data to make decisions and
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, creativity, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles or concepts.
- Ability to apply principles of systems thinking to accelerate
- Experience in regulated medical device industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and
biologics is desired. WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good
job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Plano , Systems Engineer, Machine Vision Automation, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!