IT Security Lead
Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Posted on: November 22, 2021
In response to Executive Order 14042 and accompanying Task Force
Guidance, all U.S.-based L3Harris employees must be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, unless a medical or
religious accommodation is formally approved by L3Harris prior to
employment. Click here to learn more about opportunities with
L3Harris. For more information on L3Harris' response to the
COVID-19 situation, click here . Our Business and Operations team
has an unwavering focus on our commitment to excellence in
everything we do. They're the backbone of our ability to deliver
mission solutions with speed, innovation and flawless
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Location: On Site Success Profile What makes a successful
Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the
- Technical Quote Job Description L3Harris is dedicated to
recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are
passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a
shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for
professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging
environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life
success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on
values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence
in everything we do. L3Harris Technologies is an agile global
aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end
solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company
provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air,
land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18
billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in
more than 100 countries. Description: IT Security Lead Req#:
AS20213108-68577 Location: Plano, TX The Lead, IT Secuity is
responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing
security systems within an organization's IT network. The Lead, IT
Security is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT
systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards,
systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice
security products. Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Anticipate possible security threats and identify areas of
weakness in a network system.
- Respond promptly and effectively to possible breaches of
- Review current system security measures and recommend and
- Conduct regular system tests and ensure continuous monitoring
of network security
- Develop project timelines for ongoing system upgrades
- Ensure all personnel have access to the IT system limited by
need and role
- Establish disaster recovery procedures and conduct breach of
- Promptly respond to all security incidents and provide thorough
- Cultivate and lead a culture of security awareness, and arrange
continuing education of personnel to ensure security policies are
adhered at all times.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Skills and Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD Secret clearance with current 6-year update.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related IT security field
with networking experience.
- Defense industry experience.
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk
management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
that meet JSIG standards.
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography,
authentication, authorization and security.
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single
sign-on, identity management or related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience
implementing security solutions.
- CompTIA Security + certification required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as
required. Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to
explain and enforce security measures.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and
collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, &
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain
a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this
position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may
share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal
information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and
affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other
available positions. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law. L3Harris
Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the
E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish . For information regarding
your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish .
Enter Your Email Address So We Can Track Your Referral Sign up for
job alerts and be the first to know about our job openings.
L3Harris is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. Candidates needing assistance are
encouraged to email requests for reasonable accommodations to
AppAssistance@L3harris.com . Please include a description of your
accommodation request and the following contact information: full
name and the best contact number and/or preferred means to
communicate with you.
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Plano , IT Security Lead, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!