Roofing Service Advisor
Company: Home Partners of America Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2021
In-Office PositionOur Company:Pathlight Property Management, A
Blackstone Portfolio Company, is the exclusive property management
company for Home Partners. Home Partners is an owner and operator
of high-quality, single-family, retail homes. Our mission is to
help more people get into great homes, in the neighborhoods they
love, while preserving the opportunity to build a more secure
financial future. This commitment to making homeownership a reality
is made possible through a unique business model that leverages
data and analytic capabilities on Home Partners' technology-enabled
operating platform. We are a dynamic organization poised for growth
and expansion into the future and are looking to hire passionate
and energetic employees. Your Role:Pathlight is currently seeking
the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Roofing
Service Advisor. As a Roofing Service Advisor, you will be
responsible for serving as a technical and subject matter expert
for the maintenance department, providing residential roofing scope
and pricing expertise with courteous customer service and
support.The Roofing Service Advisor will conduct proposal scope and
pricing reviews, serving as our trade-specific subject matter
expert for roofing work orders/service calls, with a focus on
controlling maintenance and repair expenses. In addition, they will
serve as a point of contact for vendor onsite approvals and own
subsequent bids if necessary, providing direction with all repair
decisions for the homeowner of approximately 20,000 single-family
rental properties. This is an office position with no required time
in the field. If you have prior experience as a roofing installer,
field inspector, service technician, or trainer, this is an
excellent opportunity to transition your expertise into an
office-based role. Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead subject matter resource, providing roofing
expertise for the company, vendors/partners, and residents.
- Maintain awareness of trade/industry developments and seek
opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with vendors and
- Own all in-house and vendor proposal decision-making.
- Facilitate and negotiate scope and pricing alignment with
- Identify and communicate with the Vendor Mgmt team on vendor
quality, service issues, sourcing needs, vendor procurement
coverage, trade capacities.
- Handle technical calls from contractors and residents as well
as work with manufacturers regarding warranties if applicable.
- Provide support to maintenance specialist peers and legal team
representatives as required.
- Create training guides/materials for internal associates.
- Identify, perform, and coordinate team case studies.
- Assist in the development and coordination of internal
initiatives and special projects.
- Provide liaison support for vendors as needed as it pertains to
the maintenance division.
- Dispatch and assign contractors as required to ensure the scope
and pricing of suggested work are appropriate.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for SMS Assist regarding
all onsite approvals when necessary or in on-call rotations.
- Coordinate with vendors for updates on scheduling, estimates,
and repair completion timeframes on any subsequent proposal
- Attend scheduled mentoring and coaching sessions and training
classes as assigned and regular meetings on policy, process,
procedures, KPI monitoring, and budget tracking with Upper
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call/after-hours availability
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct all business under company policies and procedures and
all state and federal regulations.Minimum Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience in the roofing industry as an installer,
foreman, or inspector with intimate knowledge of installation costs
- Demonstrate experience in solving complex trade-related
- Ability to effectively multitask and handle deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to learn
- High-level customer service and satisfaction.Skill
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize projects, tasks,
and proven quick ability to learn and train on new software.
- Takes initiative, manages time efficiently, and works
independently and with a team while adapting to change.
- Possess strong negotiating, customer service, organizational, &
time mgmt skills with a passion for success and a service
- Expert verbal and written skills with proficiency in MS
applications, and virtual meeting tools, required.
- Demonstrates and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and
behaviors consistent with organizational and government
- Demonstrates an organized and results-oriented approach and
motivation to perform without extensive direction.
- Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to use a creative, positive, solution-oriented
approach to address issues.
- Ability to build PowerPoint presentations and coordinate,
facilitate, and lead in-person and remote training sessions.Home
Partners of America and Pathlight Property Management are Equal
Opportunity Employers and prohibits discrimination and harassment
of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to
hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs,
job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to
race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability
status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected
by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we
Keywords: Home Partners of America Inc, Plano , Roofing Service Advisor, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!