ICU Stepdown RN
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Full-time nights - 7P-7A (rotating weekends)
This full-service, 603-bed acute-care facility with more than
2,070 employees and over 1,466 physicians on staff, representing
over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Our main campus in the
heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an
outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center,
an emergency and Level 1 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center,
a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle
Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and
complete women's and children's services including a high-risk
antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit.
Our Progressive Care Registered
Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise
and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way.
Our 35-bed ICU Stepdown unit provides healing to general
intermediate care patients needing a higher level of skilled
nursing care than on a Medical Surgical floor, but do not need an
intensive level of care in the ICU. Our patient population
includes post sheath removal, stroke, spine, peritoneal dialysis,
cardiac drips and much more receiving care from our highly skilled
RNs. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by
joining a team that cares like family.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- BSN Required - Magnet Facility
- A.D.N with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently
or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion with 24
- TX RN or Compact State Licensure
- ACLS and BLS
- PALS - within in 6 months
- Must have at least one (1) year Stepdown, Progressive
Care, PCU or Intermediate Care RN experience in an acute care
hospital - 2 Years is
- Must have basic Drip and basic EKG
- 28 Bed CCU - Includes SICU-MICU and CVICU
- 1:2 Ratio
- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:3 - 1:4 and will
see all types of patients, Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular,
Sepsis. Required to float through CCU, Burn and
Type of culture (management style) of director or on the
Very big on customer service, treating the patient like family,
focused on nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new
The Highest Acuity situations, very fast pace, 284 hospitals
that transfer in from surrounding states. If you do not like
fast paced, high acuity this is not for you.
Expectation for accountability of team members to provide
service excellence always, customer service is very important,
available for support and need for escalations. Not a micro
manager – delightful to work with!
Culture of the facility/ unit:
- Have a 24 hour Trauma surgery Team
- Free Parking, Leadership is involved in this hospital Use
Meditech as their charting system
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN Cert, 4-% Trauma Cert.
- Facility/Department Educators
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma May 2017, Stroke Certified,
Cardiac Certified, Palliative Care Cert,
- Self-Scheduling facility and units, Tuition Reimbursement, loan
forgiveness (2021), Cert assistance, 401k program w/match, receive
rewards points for shopping or gift cards. Very big on
customer service, treating the patient like family, focused on
nurse friendly unit, team work between seasoned and new RN’s
- Starbucks in lobby x2!!!
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Plano , ICU Stepdown RN, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!