Data Scientist (Time Series)
Company: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2021
The Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets
to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business
solutions. The Data Scientists work on project teams in order to
provide analytical support to projects (for example, email
targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) for
Walmart eCommerce. They are responsible for building large data
sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for
predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be
tested, validated, and applied to large data sets. They are also
responsible for training the algorithms so they can be applied to
future data sets and provide the appropriate search results. Data
Scientists are responsible for researching new trends in the
industry and utilizing up-to-date technology (for example, HBase,
MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support their
Develop custom data models to drive innovative business
Work with cross-functional partners across the business.
Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally
Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and
significant data relationships.
Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows
and offline data analysis.
Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
Combine data features to determine search models.
Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
Develop models of current state in order to determine needed
Utilize system tools including (Github, MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R,
- Understand different domains and identify problems that can
leverage Machine Learning and Data Science in general.
- Extract, clean and scrub dataset from various sources like,
distributed systems, databases etc.
Analysis of datasets and identifying problems to be solved. This
requires a good understanding of domain, descriptive statistics and
- Depending on the problem we build Time Series, Computer Vision,
NLP or basic predictive models.
- 2+ years of relevant Data Science experience
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' data science experience OR
Science and 2 years' data science experience.
* ETS (Error Trend Seasonality) concepts
* Time Series Analysis (visualization, decomposition, data
feature engineering methods etc.)
* Expertise with traditional time series models like: Holt Winters
ARMA, ARIMA, SARIMA.
* Experience with traditional predictive ML models
* Some Experience with complex models is favorable, like Prophet,
Deep Learning methods
Keywords: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc, Plano , Data Scientist (Time Series), Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!