We are looking for an exceptional, credentialed nurses to join
our team as a Chronic Care Management (CCM) Case Manager for
contract employment. As the Chronic Care Case Manager you will be
comfortable providing telephonic Chronic Care Management
(non-face-to-face) services as an extension of the clinical staff
of physician practices managing patients with 2 or more diagnosed
This role includes constructing a proprietary comprehensive care
plan, and providing a range of care coordination services,
including but not limited to, monthly health interviews with
patients, coordination with family members and caregivers, and
working with community services to ensure access to care.
What your impact will be:
- Properly interview and enroll patients in the CCM program.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings (i.e. morning huddles,
weekly updates, etc.). These "mandatory" meetings will be important
to define the current scope of work.
- Implements clinical interventions and protocols based on risk
stratification and evidence-based clinical guidelines.
- Become a subject matter expert in CCM fulfillment and billing
- Meet production goals based on part-time or full-time
- HIPAA compliant use of computer access (need to know only) to
facilitate patient care.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive, proprietary patient care
- Coordinate transitional care from an inpatient service to other
settings as per care plan.
- Use proprietary care plan to guide patient interaction and
- Utilize chronic condition specific scripts to guide
- Review individual care plans and make monthly phone calls to
CCM enrolled patients.
- Communications with external agency & community service
providers on behalf of patient.
- Calls will include:
- Assess current health status
- Medication reconciliation & compliance assessment
- Appointment reminders
- Appropriate patient education regarding care & condition
management at home
- Review orders, labs, consults, and associated
- Encourage preventative health services
- Thorough documentation in care plan reflecting updated
information, test results, social.
- Manage the flow of information to/from providers office.
- Facilitate three-way call when necessary.
- Helping patients understand their condition and treatment
options, providing education and literature about their
- Reviewing treatment goals with patients
- Other duties, as needed
What we are looking for:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. (LPN, LVN, RN,
- Current license to practice as an RN/ LVN/LPN in current state
and gain licensure in other states.
- Minimum 1-year experience in homecare or clinical setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to assess status of conditions remotely.
- Demonstrated communication/listening skills.
- Ability to navigate effectively in multiple computer
- HIPAA compliant area in home to conduct Chronic Care Management
- High Speed Internet.
- Desktop or Laptop computer
What will make you stand out:
- Quickly recognize condition-related warning signs.
- Organized, thorough documentation skills.
- Self-directed. Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
Demonstrated time management skills.
- Clear diction. Applies exemplary phone etiquette to every
- Committed to excellence in patient care and customer
What we offer:
- This is a contract position with no benefits
- Autonomous Environment
- Equipment responsibility of candidate
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Community Involvement and Social Responsibility
- Flexible work environment
For over 20 years GEMMS has been the leader in Cardiology
Specific EHR technology. The product was developed in a "living
laboratory" of a large Cardiology Enterprise with over 40
physicians in 28 locations. For single physician offices to large
cardiovascular centers that include a diagnostic centers,
ambulatory surgical center, and peripheral vascular offerings.
When physicians and Administrators evaluate GEMMS ONE, they are
often impressed with the vast clinical cardiovascular knowledge
content and operational aspects found in GEMMS ONE. GEMMS ONE EHR
provides a rich array of functionality spanning the entire cycle of
patient care. With everything from a patient portal to
e-prescribing to clinical documentation to practice management
including cardiovascular specific quality measurements and MIPS
patient dashboard. GEMMS ONE EHR System provides all the medical
records software tools needed to complete your daily tasks in the
most efficient way possible.
GEMMS ONE is a fully interoperable and integrated application
that allows "real time" merging of clinical processes and revenue
cycle management. It also can seamlessly connect to external
revenue cycle management programs that might be used in larger
enterprises so that you can get the efficiency of Cardiovascular
Clinical workflow while supporting the revenue cycle requirements
of larger enterprises. Complying with governmental regulations and
payer requirements will be simplified, while enhancing your
operational and financial performance.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of
our website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at
HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact
information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the status of applications.