Customer Marketing Operations Manager (REMOTE)
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between
data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk
is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the
boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers
succeed. As the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk
is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates
discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what
has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in
history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Customer Marketing Operations Manager, reporting to the VP
of Customer Marketing and dotted line to the Head of Marketing
Operations, will be responsible for partnering with the marketing
leadership team to refine our strategy as well as leading its
execution across all channels. The main charter is to help build
this new marketing function, be the "go to" operations & data
person in the team and help set up the regular interlock between
the Splunk Go To Market team (Customer Success, Sales & Marketing).
The role will help ensure the team is delivering the right
outcomes. outcomes aligned with Community growth, Customer Advocacy
& Showcases, Customer Success Marketing and assist in ensuring
budgets are being fully optimized. This person is empowered to seek
key initiatives, drive performance and ensure all the proper
conversations are happening across Marketing. Key stakeholders for
the role include Customer Success leadership & operations,
Marketing leadership & operations and Sales operations.
- Dedicated partner to the Customer Marketing team to help define
the Marketing strategy based on data driven analysis. Key
contributor to all management meetings and become an integral part
of the leadership team for Customer Marketing.
- Establish your role as the key champion to drive business
improvements to help Customer Marketing team unlock their
contribution to Sales, Customer Success and the rest of the
- Measure and help refine the impact of field and customer facing
programs such as Executive Briefing Centres, CxO programs, Customer
Advocacy, Community Engagement, Retention Marketing, Services
- Define, drive and build the Customer Marketing cadence, KPIs
and operational metrics including Net Retention Rate, deflected
support cases, pipeline impact, customer advocacy, community
- Ensure we're measuring the right programs and delivering the
right outcomes through discovery, prototyping, analytics and
reporting of results
- Provide day to day support on budget allocation and performance
to ensure we are using every dollar of Marketing spend to the
fullest. Review marketing mix/channel performance with different
teams to optimize trade-offs.
- Lead operational cadence and drive regular interlocks with
GTM/Marketing to monitor performance against plan, identify key
potential issues, track progress against key action items,
- Run regular calls with GTM leadership to monitor pipeline,
retention, customer success, advocacy and community health aligned
with Marketing contribution.
- Strong focus on all our Marketing leading indicators to
identify key trends and provide accurate insights so we can course
correct if needed.
- Establish a data-driven culture across Customer Marketing to
champion our contribution and drive positive ROI on our program
- Run post-mortem meetings on key Marketing programs to assess
what is driving the best outcomes and how to replicate it across
- Lead key initiatives across Marketing that will have a positive
impact on growth, productivity, retention, and/or the customer
- Provide key ad hoc analysis to help the management team
refine/adjust the strategy as needed.
- 5+ years of Marketing Operations experience with at least 2-3
years of understanding SaaS B2B Marketing.
- Full immersion in all Marketing channels (both offline and
digital) at a rapidly growing SaaS organization focused on a B2B
- Confirmed experience of driving Sales/Marketing/Customer
Success alignment and being accountable to driving pre and post
sales marketing results.
- Experience with Marketing tech stack, performance marketing,
and reporting/attribution tools such as Eloqua, Salesforce,
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain
customer insights, set Marketing mix and drive targeted
- Strong experience in collaborating effectively with key
Sales/Marketing/Customer Success stakeholders and leading by
- Be comfortable working with and driving data first approach to
segments, target lists etc
- Build repeatable processes & cadences around customer journeys,
targeted and segmented emails and communication
- Experience with running a quarterly budget to drive qualified
leads and opportunities, while maintaining a low customer
- Ability to drive and lead change management programs across
functionally and geographically distributed strategic partner
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new
standard methodologies to build a continuous improvement
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level
of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus.
- Based in the United States and be willing to travel 10% of the
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Plano , Customer Marketing Operations Manager (REMOTE), Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!