Senior Assistant Help Desk Technician
Company: DXC Technology
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Presentation of the company:
As the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services
company, DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) leads digital transformations
for clients by modernizing and integrating their mainstream IT, and
by deploying digital solutions at scale to produce better business
outcomes. The company's technology independence, global talent, and
extensive partner network enable 6,000 private and public-sector
clients in 70 countries to thrive on change. DXC is a recognized
leader in corporate responsibility. For more information, visit
www.dxc.technology and explore thrive.dxc.technology, DXC's digital
destination for changemakers and innovators
Essential Job Functions
- Answers help desk telephones for assigned account(s) and
responds to customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are
- Assists customers in resolving technical problems on assigned
by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems.
Resolves and/or refers more complex technical problems through a
defined escalation process.
- Follows up with customers to ensure that their inquiries are
resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database
and maintains history records and related problem
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and
complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more years of technical training in computer support
- Two or more years of technical or customer support
- Experience working with company products and operating
- Experience with solving computer related problems
- Experience working with company escalation policy
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team
- Good communication skills
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Office environment
- May require shift work
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to disability (physical or mental),
protected veteran status or military service of affiliation, race,
ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
age, protected genetic information, or political affiliation. DXC's
commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes
ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal
consideration for employment. EEO is the Law Poster.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran,
or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability
to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may
request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email.
Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations
due to a disability.
Keywords: DXC Technology, Plano , Senior Assistant Help Desk Technician, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!