Electronic Design Mechanical Technician
Company: ABB LTD
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Electronic Design Mechanical Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
ABB's Electrification business is a leading provider of a full
range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling
safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of
consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect,
protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability,
efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel. Our R&D
engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that
change the way the world works and industries do business. We
constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus
on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
This role reports to Testing and Laboratory Manager and is located
in Plano, Texas. As an Electronic Design Mechanical Technician, you
will be responsible for performing prototype assembly, validation
testing and Failure Mode Analysis (FMA) of electronic power
supplies during New Product Introduction (NPI) and Engineering
Change (EC) processes. The technician role consists of executing a
comprehensive list of thermal and electrical stress tests and
documenting the results.
- Interpret engineering specifications, electrical schematics and
- Assemble board level electronics including soldering surface
mount and through-hole components and applying thermocouples to
- Setup instruments and test fixtures.
- Perform thermal testing of electronic power supplies.
- Execute detailed test plans to validate component stress
- Document all test results in accordance with standard
- Assist engineering teams to interpret and duplicate
- Maintain lab testing and calibration standards per ISO
(International Organization for Standardization) requirements.
- Follow all EH&S (Environmental, Health and Safety) safety
requirements such as LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out).
- Associates Degree (2 years) in Electronics with minimum 1 to 2
years of experience in related field.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows
them to work for ABB in United States.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, meters and data logging
- Experience with soldering techniques.
- Knowledge of thermal measurement techniques.
- Ability to interpret technical requirements as they apply to
power systems to determine whether documented requirements and
standards are met.
- Working knowledge of AC (Alternating Current) sources,
electronics loads and thermal chambers.
- Experience with Microsoft MACROs, Visual Basic and other lab
- Ability to efficiently manage time and coordinate priorities
with multiple engineers.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft EXCEL and WORD.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to
discover more about ABB, take another look at our website
www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at
ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB LTD, Plano , Electronic Design Mechanical Technician, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!