Technical Support Manager
Company: ABB LTD
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Technical Support Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
ABB's Electrification business is a leading provider of a full
range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling
safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of
consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect,
protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability,
efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel. For our
Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the
full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is
highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world
improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our
work a powerful sense of purpose. This role reports to Region
Service Manager and is located in Plano, Texas. As a Technical
Support Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of
specialists who provide internal and external technical customer
support. Oversee customer support process, definition,
implementation and execution to achieve target levels of service
quality, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the training and technical areas are properly
organized, staffed, skilled and directed, including 24x7 call
center. Coaches, motivates and develops team. Drives and ensures
information sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Develops, implements and maintains the technical support
processes. Participates in customer support related development
projects (e.g., tools, competences, resources).
- Ensures resolution of customer issues by coordinating with
internal and external teams.
- Drives technical support revenue growth.
- Interacts with customers and employees to promote business
offerings and capabilities.
- Implements and owns the technical support process.
- Develops & recommends continuous improvements for the technical
support team and business.
- Leads urgent/emergency customer restoration actions, root cause
analyses and corrective actions investigations.
- Closely collaborates with quality, sales, services, produce &
program mgmt. manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D
functions on customer satisfaction.
- Supports Transactional Net Promoter Score (TNPS) metrics &
- Drives team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and operational
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in telecommunication, datacenter
or Industrial Segments.
- Minimum 5 years of Technical/customer service support.
- Minimum 5 years of people leadership experience.
- Experience in the use of computer-based management and
- Work with computers and, as such, results in extensive exposure
to Personal Computer (PC) and Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) screens.
- Technical experience with critical power products and
- Requires strong communication skills with varying levels of the
- Position requires limited travel average of 20%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to
discover more about ABB, take another look at our website
www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at
ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB LTD, Plano , Technical Support Manager, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!