Software Engineering Advisor
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Engineer will work on a team of truly talented individuals and
be responsible for design, build and testing (using automation
scripts but not limited to unit/integration/performance testing) of
Individual & Family Retail Health Insurance applications and its
components that interface with complex enterprise systems and
external vendor systems. Engineer will have solid knowledge working
with complex distributed applications and passion for technologies
by solving data integration challenges. Individual will have zeal
and drive to be up to speed with latest development in tech
Engineer must be a highly motivated, well-rounded, team player
and self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, agile
environment. Excellent communication skills both written and oral
are also essential as this position will interface with remote
scrum teams, business owners, enterprise architects, security,
infrastructure, and end users via email, phone, IM, desktop
sharing, and wiki.
- Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party
components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to design and
develop robust enterprise solutions. Mentality towards integrating
and reusing existing capabilities vs building from scratch is
- Enable a 360-degree view of customer-centric information
through integration of a multitude of internal/external systems,
mobile apps, devices, and data marts.
- Ability to implement test driven development with strong focus
on automation testing.
- Support and enhance existing Individual & Family Retail Health
Insurance applications used by consumers as well as operations
- Participate in all agile ceremonies effectively.
- Engineer should be very familiar with advanced concepts and
have relevant, hands-on experience in many of the following areas
to be a successful contributor on the team:
- Java, J2EE and related frameworks such as Spring and ORM
- Microservices Architecture and Rest patterns using leading
industry recommended security frameworks.
- Cloud and related technologies such as AWS, Google, Azure.
- Test Automation Skills using Behavioral Driven
- Data Integration (batch, real-time) following Enterprise
- Service Oriented Architecture (event-driven SOA, Web Services,
- Message driven architecture (JMS, SOA, Spring).
- Relational Database, No SQL Database, DynamoDB and Data
- Database development & tuning (PL/SQL/XQuery).
- Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching).
- Document-centric data architecture (XML DB/NoSQL).
- Knowledge of reporting/BI tools such as Tableau would be
- Full-stack engineering mindset with a passion for excelling in
all areas of the software development life cycle such as analysis,
design, development, automated testing, and DevOps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
strongly preferred, typically seven or more years of solid, diverse
work experience in IT with a minimum of five years' experience
application program development, OR the equivalent in education and
work experience. Ideal candidate will have relevant experience
either as a consultant or working for a start-up company.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global
health service company dedicated to improving the health,
well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with
colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna, Plano , Software Engineering Advisor, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!