Clinical Lab Assistant PRN
Company: Texas Health Resources
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Clinical Lab Assistant PRN
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly
hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified
Clinical Lab Assistant PRN like you to join our Texas Health
- Work location: Texas Health Plano
- Work environment: Laboratory
- Work hours: PRN - As needed; Variable days/hours to include
days, nights, and weekends.
- Salary range: $14.15 - $22.42 per hour (based on relevant
At Texas Health Plano, we take our mission to improve the health
of those in our community. We are a 386-bed, full-service hospital
that has served Plano, Frisco, Carrolton and surrounding
communities since 1991.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000
employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come
be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide
outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- CLIAFE - must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign
- Completion of a one semester course in phlebotomy
- 6 months experience as a phlebotomist highly preferred.
- PBT (ASCP) - Phlebotomy Technician preferred upon hire.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organizational
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Prefer: Venipuncture skills with all age groups.
- For those entities performing phlebotomy; employee follows
laboratory procedure for specimen collection, patient
identification and labeling as appropriate for the age of the
- Follows laboratory procedures for handling, and processing in a
manner which is appropriate and follows safety guidelines.
- Follows laboratory procedures for handling unacceptable
- Follows established laboratory test procedures.
- Performs procedures in other areas of the Laboratory as
required by hospital entity.
- Reports and evaluates test results.
- Communicates and documents relevant patient data to appropriate
- Communicates with nursing personnel if there is a delay in
specimen collection or questions about orders.
- Patient Treatment: Demonstrates competence in the performance
of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based
on age specific criteria.
- Facilitates workflow process.
- Helps other hospital and laboratory coworkers to provide timely
- Processes specimens.
- Demonstrates ability to perform specimen processing
- Checks outstanding collection list.
- Troubleshoots and follows through on outstanding collections
which appear to have not been collected/received when
- Knows and uses computer downtime procedures as needed.
- Relays information to next shift and coworkers.
- Performs outpatient processing.
- Inputs laboratory orders.
- Calls physician for clarification of orders if necessary.
- Performs medical necessity checking of applicable orders.
- Stocks supplies in work area at the beginning and the end of
the shift and/or as needed.
- Gives proper notification when supplies need to be
- Demonstrates active cost effectiveness.
- Utilizes time between collections to accomplish other needed
tasks (ex. supply management, housekeeping duties, checks with
other areas and provides assistance).
- Participates in orientation and training of students,
volunteers, new employees, and observers.
- Maintains commitment to profession by attending continuing
education sessions. (ex. Web seminars, ASCP seminars, Tarleton and
Lab sponsored seminars by industry).
- Completes mandatory hospital/laboratory education and
departmental competencies within required time frame.
- Mandatory health requirements are completed within required
- Completes assigned work within required time and offers
assistance to other coworkers.
- Uses laboratory equipment (computer, instruments, etc.) for
hospital use only.
- Time and attendance is satisfactory.
- Employee exhibits a professional appearance.
- Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports
to supervisor any problems and/or solution regarding delivery of
- Interacts professionally and pleasantly with all encountered
and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Performs patient care tasks in a manner enhancing the quality
- Adheres to THR Promise Behaviors.
- Quality control guidelines are followed.
- Quality control and equipment maintenance documentation is in
compliance with all departmental quality control procedures and all
- The data is accurate, complete, and legible.
- Troubleshoots quality control and instrumentation
- Incorporates safety/infection control measures into work
- Follows HIPAA guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows all hospital and lab
safety/infection control policies and procedures.
- Participates in required hospital/laboratory safety
- Utilizes the event reporting tool to document and report
patient situations, on-the-job injuries, and medical device
Why Texas Health?
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work
every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Plano a great place to
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (7th
year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work
Additional perks of being a Clinical Lab Assistant PRN:
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits,
Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to email@example.com.
Keywords: Texas Health Resources, Plano , Clinical Lab Assistant PRN, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!