Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Full Time - Monday-Friday - 630a-3p - New Grads Welcome To Apply
Company: Texas Health Resources
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - GREAT BENEFITS
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly
hours and top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Certified
Surgical Techs like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Plano, 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX
- Work environment: Surgery Department
- Work hours: Full-Time, 40 hours weekly, Day shift
- Call required; response time is 30 minutes.
- Salary range: $21.55 - $36.71 per hour (based on relevant
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano (THP) is a 366-bed,
Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader,
providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco, and
surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility
features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine,
cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an
adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically
advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano
has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its
medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an
Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by
The Joint Commission, named "Best Place to Have a Baby" in Collin
County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health
Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications
from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement - Hip
and Joint Replacement - Knee and an Advanced Certification as a
Primary Stroke Center.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice
Surgical Technology in a health care facility before September 1,
2009 or Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program,
Vocational Nurse Program or Military Training Surgical Technology
- Experienced or New Grad Certified Surgical Tech preferred.
- CST - Certified Surgical Technologist upon hire or LVN -
Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire or Military Training Program in
surgical technology and Certified Surgical Technologist within 2
Years upon hire.
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced
environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal, and
written communication skills, able to perform basic computer
Position Responsibilities THP Certified Surgical Tech's will
assist at a designated Da Vinci General Surgery Epicenter where
surgical procedures can now be performed using minimally invasive
surgery techniques. You will work with Physicians on the medical
staff that will use advanced robotic-assisted technology, training,
and expertise to provide patients a full range of minimally
invasive procedures with small, single-site incisions and far
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST
- Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to
- Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively
and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order
to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient
population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and
Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating
plan of care.
- Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of
instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN
circulator with post-operative duties.
- Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that
minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental
- Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects
the patient from injury.
- Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving
quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of
age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique
physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to
the older adult.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health CST you'll enjoy top-notch
benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive
health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending
account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family
healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work
every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make THP a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (7th
year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work
Additional perks of being a THP Certified Surgical Tech
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork
- Positively impact patients' quality of life
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated clinical leadership resources
- Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits,
Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Resources, Plano , Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Full Time - Monday-Friday - 630a-3p - New Grads Welcome To Apply, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!