Assistant Manager, Logistics Strategy & Planning
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Role and Responsibilities
Today's world is driven on fast, evolving technology. In
Logistics, it is important for us to move product quickly for our
customers to have the electronics and appliances they need when
they need it. The Logistics Strategy and Planning team is part of
designing and building the next wave of innovation that the
warehouse and delivery network can depend upon. This team is at the
core of identifying and driving the implementation of next
generation best-in-class solutions across our logistics network.
Our goal is to make sure the network is efficient and delivers the
products safely to our customers.
The Logistics Strategy & Planning team's Asst. Manager role has
daily high visibility with top management and is responsible for
leading cross-functional activities that require collaboration
across the Logistics department as well as working closely with
Supply Chain and Sales to seamlessly deliver new products and
efficient operations. Key responsibilities of this role include
market sensing, data analysis, project management, and process
innovation. It requires utilizing an informed and consultative
approach in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
The person in this role is responsible for the collaborative
design, development, and implementation of creative logistics
strategic initiatives that enable Samsung to achieve and exceed
business performance goals and high customer satisfaction. This
person must continuously demonstrate a collaborative "hands on"
approach and proactively manage all aspects of the value chain
projects, driving collaboration across the organization and with
customers to develop cost effective programs that deliver mutual
benefit to Samsung and its' customers. This role will lead project
teams to develop solutions in the areas of fulfillment,
distribution, reverse operations, KPI management, root cause
analysis, and systems automation. This person will need to have
knowledge of the industry, logistics operations, ERP systems, and
an ability to interpret large volumes of data to understand key
issues and quickly identify best in class solutions.
- Market sensing gathering and reporting
- Lead initiatives to gather insight and performance on current
and potential 3PL providers
- Gathering and analyzing data to identify root cause, trends and
- Support content development and facilitation for project and
innovation cross-functional workshops
- Support development of strategy planning and presentation
materials for top leadership communications
- Leading and managing innovation projects from design through
- Understand and accurately organize projects, status, and action
- Understand risks and issues and communicate quickly and
effectively to leadership and critical stakeholders
- Track and measure success of operations through key operational
- Developing standardized transportation and warehouse process
- Organize cross-functional system test plans and execution
- Be self-motivated, organized, and operate effectively with
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- A Science degree highly preferred (Business Information
Management, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management)
- A minimum of 2.5+ years of hands on data analysis, supply chain
and/or process improvement project management experience
- Proficient level of end to end logistics network understanding
for: factory operations, inbound planning, port / rail receiving
and operations, warehouse management, inventory management,
transportation including direct ship and cross-dock utilization,
final mile, and finance/customer account management.
- It is also important to have an understanding of operations
logistics integrates with including: customer service, order
management, CPFR/supply chain, and sales.
- Experience with planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple
complex assignments and projects and successfully driving them to
completion within highly aggressive timelines
- Strong organization, communication, problem solving and data
- Experience analyzing value created by projects/activities and
develop business cases that measure success - ROI analysis.
- Experience in CPG industry, retail and direct to consumer
environments, and technical business acumen.
- Strong level of understanding of ERP systems (SAP) and
warehouse and transportation planning systems (WMS, TMS, and Final
- Expert level knowledge and experience of MS Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Outlook; proficient level of other MS programs
including Project and Visio.
- Demonstrated people and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage
progress for multiple activities at once.
- Proven success in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple complex
assignments and projects quickly.
- Hands on experience developing simple and complex process and
systems flows in Visio.
- Hands on experience operating large scale cross-functional
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working
relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside of the
- Should have expert level MS Excel and Power Point knowledge and
- Highly skilled in communicating complex concepts through Power
- The ability to work either independently or in a team
environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including
the completion of assignments within established time frames.
- Ability to work additional hours beyond normal schedule as
needed to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work after hours with other time zones (Asia).
- Occasional travel to warehouses or other company / service
provider locations for meetings; travel estimated at 15
Skills and Qualifications
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Plano , Assistant Manager, Logistics Strategy & Planning, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!