Supply Chain Project Manager
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The person in this role is responsible for the collaborative
design, development, management and implementation of creative
global supply chain initiatives that enable Samsung to achieve and
maintain preferred supplier status. This person must continuously
demonstrate a collaborative "hands on" approach and proactively
manage all aspects of the value chain projects, driving
collaboration across the organization and with customers to develop
cost effective programs that deliver mutual benefit to Samsung and
its' customers. This role will lead project teams to develop
solutions in the areas of planning, forecasting, fulfillment,
distribution, KPI management, root cause analysis, and inventory
management. This person will use deep knowledge of the industry,
SCM/ERP systems, and ability to interpret large volumes of data to
understand key issues and quickly identify best in class solutions
for internal and external customer projects. This position is
responsible for the planning, staffing, development and
implementation phases related to the management of SCM improvement
projects. This individual serves as the primary point of contact
for all business process and technical solutions or questions
related to project activity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage
progress for multiple activities at once.
- Proven success in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple complex
assignments and projects quickly.
- Hands on experience developing simple and complex process and
systems flows in Visio. Hands on experience operating large scale
cross-functional project plans.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working
relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside of the
- Should have expert level MS Excel and Power Point knowledge and
skills. Highly skilled in communicating complex concepts through
- The ability to work either independently or in a team
environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including
the completion of assignments within established time frames.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify, assemble and facilitate cross-functional teams
(regularly including HQ and customers) to lead the design,
comprehensively test and then pilot/implementation of innovative
solutions. Develop and maintain productive working relationships
with customers and members of internal Samsung subsidiaries.
Research outside solutions to identify Best-In-Class. Lead/Drive
full projects from design to implementation pushing teams to
aggressive timelines, developing and closely managing all aspects
of the project plans (action plans).
- Understand customer situation and objectives to proactively
create effective agenda for onsite customer workshops. Proactively
develop effective workshop material.
- Travel to customer sites or internal alternate locations to
participate in and lead portions of the agenda.
- With little direction and high understanding of end to end
solution and project status, independently develop presentation
materials for steering team level leadership regarding project
status and escalation items.
- Identify KPIs to track to measure success of projects,
understand and accurately summarize lessons learned or areas for
- Quickly identify and complete accurate root cause analysis
before being asked. Have detailed analysis already thought through
and available to provide upon request. Understand risks / issues
immediately and correct upon identification. Ability to quickly
summarize critical path risks and closely proactively manage
mitigation plans to prevent issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required, science degree highly preferred
(Business Information Management, Industrial Engineering or Supply
- 6+ or more years of hands on data analysis, supply chain and/or
process improvement project management experience required
- Proficient level of end to end supply chain understanding
including: manufacturing planning, order management, CPFR,
inventory control, logistics/distribution, accounts
- Experience with planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple
complex assignments and projects and successfully driving them to
completion within highly aggressive timelines
- Strong organization, communication, problem solving and data
- Experience analyzing value created by projects/activities and
develop business cases that measure success - ROI analysis.
- Experience in CPG, retail environment, and consulting is
preferred with some technical business acumen.
- High level understanding of ERP systems (i.e. SAP / Oracle) and
demand planning systems.
- Expert level knowledge and experience of MS Project, Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Demonstrated people and relationship management skills.
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Plano , Supply Chain Project Manager, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!