Associate Claims Specialist
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a
fast growing company that has consistently outpaced the industry in
year over year growth? Liberty Mutual has an excellent claims
opportunity available. As a Commercial Insurance Claims
Representative, you will review and process simple and
straightforward Commercial claims within assigned authority limits
consistent with policy and legal requirements. In addition to a
wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance
education and training are paid by Liberty Mutual.
Please note this is posted for potential future positions. We
will not be actively recruiting until further notice.
- Investigates claim using internal and external resources
including speaking with the insured or other involved parties,
analysis of reports, researching past claim activity, utilizing
evaluation tools to make damage and loss assessments.
- Extensive and timely direct interaction with Insured's,
Claimants, Agent's and Internal Customers.
- Determines policy coverage through analysis of investigation
data and policy terms. Notifies agent and insured of coverage or
- Establishes claim reserve requirements and makes adjustments,
as necessary, during the processing of the claims.
- Determines and negotiates settlement amount for damages claimed
within assigned authority limits.
- Writes simple to moderately complex property damage estimates
or review auto damage estimates.
- Takes statements when necessary and works with the Field
Appraisal, Subrogation, Special Investigative Unit (SIU) as
- Maintains accurate and current claim file/damage documentation
and diaries throughout the life cycle of claim cases to ensure
proper tracking and handling consistent with established guidelines
- Alerts Unit Leader to the possibility of fraud or subrogation
potential for claims being processed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience. Claims handling skills preferred.
- Strong customer service and technology skills.
- Able to navigate multiple systems, strong organizational and
- License may be required in multiple states by state law.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Plano , Associate Claims Specialist, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!