Company: Tyler Technologies
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Account Executive is responsible for creating and executing
a strategy to sell company software and implementation services to
the courts and justice market place within the Southern Texas
territory. The target market is focused on County Clerks, District
Clerks, Justice of the Peace, County Sheriff's Departments and
Jails, and County Commissioners.
This is a remote position where a candidate can reside anywhere
in the U.S. near a major airport, however residing in Texas is a
- The Account Executive must develop and execute a strategic
sales plan for assigned territory and target market.
- Supplement Tyler demand creation activities with personal
prospect contact, both through on-site visits and consistent
telephone based efforts.
- Work primarily with the County Judicial Offices which include
Court Clerks, Judges and Judicial Staff, and Sheriff's Departments
and County Jails.
- Represent Tyler at applicable trade shows and events in
designated territory and target market. May attend national
industry conferences when appropriate.
- Visit with prospective clients in designated territory and
target market to qualify opportunities.
- Take ownership of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process from
start to finish, including assigning of specific roles to internal
teams/designees and ensure that tasks are completed successfully
and on time.
- Constantly cultivate relationships and develop credibility with
prospective and existing customers.
- Secure and attend meaningful onsite meetings with various
members of prospective agencies to gain information pertaining to
their business needs and current environment.
- Conduct presentations in front of justice agencies' C-level
executives, including drafting of presentation materials and sales
- Shape the future project scope for prospective agencies and
establish optimal company solutions and corresponding cost
- Work with various Tyler internal teams to produce accurate and
responsible cost proposals.
- Lead, organize and manage demonstrations of company software,
by scheduling demo date & time with prospect, drafting proposed
agenda, preparing company demo resources and other involved
parties, and take ownership of follow-up actions.
- Bring successful sales process to closure via a contract in a
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Regularly manage prospects, opportunities, and territory
pipeline via Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals set forth by the
- Stay current with new product knowledge, technology, services,
standards, and industry developments.
- Maintain and communicate plans and reports regarding sales
activities on regular basis.
- 60% - 80% business travel.
- Experience with software solution sales is required.
- Minimum two years' experience managing large, complex
territories and diverse product offering required.
- Minimum 2-5 years of technology sales or equivalent industry
- Experience with state and/or county government sales or
consulting is preferred; and experience with courts, probation
departments, county jails, prosecutor agencies, or public defender
offices is strongly preferred.
- Sales experience in the public sector.
- Open to candidates in Plano, TX, as well as remotely in the
Central United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the fields of
business, sales, and/or computer science preferred.
- Experience with managing the responsibility of a
1-million-dollar annual quota is preferred.
- Proven remote sales and demand creation capability.
- Proven formal presentation skills before large and small
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in both
written and verbal communications.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to "set the right expectations" for
- Proven ability to conduct "discovery/needs analysis" with
prospective customers and develop a successful action plan of
software and service solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven self-starter in addition to a team player.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office tools (Outlook, Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven track record of exceeding quarterly and yearly sales
- Experience with pipeline management software (i.e. Microsoft
Dynamics CRM) to manage sales processes, including price quotes,
forecasts, correspondence, and marketing ventures is
Keywords: Tyler Technologies, Plano , Account Executive, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!