Staff Clinical Research Scientist
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott.
This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile
technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement
disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the
#1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG
Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market
leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These
non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain
therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain
stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage
their Parkinson's disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering
away from side effects.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a
Staff Clinical Research Scientist. This position will work closely
within the Neuromodulation clinical study team including the
medical director, biostatistician, study management personnel, data
management personnel, and other clinical study personnel. This
position will also have significant interaction with executive
leadership, physicians and regulatory authorities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as an active member of study teams and provide scientific
support to justify trial design and ongoing scientific analysis
during protocol development. May include generation of pre-protocol
documentation of scientific information.
- Generate study-related documents which may include, but are not
limited to, reports of prior investigational, investigational
brochures, protocols, informed consent forms, and case report
- Synthesize literature and competitive information for trial
designs and results for assigned therapeutic area
- Review and critically analyze statistical analysis plans
- Review and critically analyze data sets
- Lead study level publication planning including manuscript
writing and submission
- Lead publications for clinical study data through coordination
with investigator authors and project management of reviews and
revisions for abstracts and manuscripts
- Generate documents to support regulatory submissions and/or
respond to questions from regulatory authorities about existing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum qualification for this position is a doctorate degree
in a relevant science
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience conducting research in human subjects.
- This position requires strong data analysis and interpretation
- This position will work in a highly matrixed and geographically
diverse business environment.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication
skills and interpersonal skills.
- This position requires strong leadership skills as it will
require significant interaction with executive leadership,
physicians, and regulatory authorities.
- This position will require some travel.
- Prior clinical research support in Medical Devices or
Neuromodulation clinical trials
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Plano , Staff Clinical Research Scientist, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!