Food & Beverage Director - Task Force
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for assuring
attentive friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B
Outlets (Restaurant Room Service Lounge Market and Banquets) while
maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. He/she
is also responsible for continually working towards improving
Restaurant Room Service Lounge Market and Banquet sales revenues to
meet or exceed budget. The Director of Food and Beverage is
responsible for directing and organizing the activities of the Food
and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food
product while at the same time developing his/her team and driving
a positive work environment. In addition this position is charged
with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction. The
incumbent in this role may function in the role of a Chef as
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience. Or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2
years of related experience or a Culinary Degree with 1 to 2 years
of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Holds and maintains applicable certification requirements for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Extensive experience in restaurant bar banquet catering in room
dining and kitchen management required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations
maintaining composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. Have the ability to
analyze forecast data and make judgments to ensure proper payroll
and production control
- Familiar with the general organization of a Hotel and know the
function of each department.
- Communicates in a timely and efficient manner possess strong
communication skills excellent speaking reading and writing skills
computer skills and basic technological acumen.
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting budgeting labor
management and purchasing to ensure maximum productivity
- Must be able to complete all applicable forecasting and
budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Knowledgeable and aware of local competition and industry
- Responsible for organizing directing supervising and assisting
in the preparation and service of all food and beverage based on
standardized recipes for the Restaurant Room Service Market
Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the highest
standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
- He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness
sanitation and safety in the kitchens service stations FOH BOH work
and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing
- He/she plans meals and service while directing and guiding the
Chef with various assignments i.e. pricing banquets etc.
- This role is ultimately responsible for providing oversight of
the kitchen staff outlets banquet food display merchandising and
operations of the kitchen service beverage and banquet departments
Aimbridge Hospitality is the leading, global, third-party hotel
management company operating branded full service, select service,
luxury hotels, destination resorts, convention centers and
lifestyle hotels. Aimbridge merged with Interstate Hotels & Resorts
in 2019, and now represents a premium portfolio of more than 1,400
branded and independent properties in 49 states and 20 countries.
Aimbridge is based in Plano, Texas and has additional corporate
offices in Atlanta, Calgary, Chicago, Fargo, Puerto Rico, San
Clemente, Scottsdale, Toronto and Washington D.C. Aimbridge's
International Division, Interstate Hotels & Resorts, has supporting
offices spread across Europe in Amsterdam, Birmingham, Glasgow and
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Plano , Food & Beverage Director - Task Force, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!