Diesel Shop Manager
Company: Sunbelt Rentals, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the
equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general
construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a
job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast
fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all
with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our
greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment
offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us
from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer
competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for
all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly
looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are
interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that
allows you to:
- Develop a career track
- Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
- Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North
America--is seeking a Service Manager. As a Service Manager, you
will manage the servicing of company and customer equipment in a
timely and effective manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the repair and maintenance of company owned and
customer equipment to include the organization of yard (Ready to
Rent, Returned, Down)
- Prepares work schedules and handles service calls to meet
customer needs and assure that equipment is available as
- Orders parts in order to maintain adequate supplies.
- Provides training and assistance to staff mechanics.
- Works with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance
requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to
- Evaluates all equipment after repairs, maintenance or safety
- Documents equipment status before and after rental.
- Handles customer complaints regarding equipment condition or
- Promote safety awareness
- Perform quality control checks
- Update, maintain and keep organized equipment service
- Create, update, close and bill work orders
- File warranty claims in a timely fashion
- Commission New Equipment
- Order parts, return parts, and perform parts inventory
- Disposal of Solid and Hazardous Material Waste (Batteries, used
oil & filters, antifreeze, wash sludge)
- Reporting to include: - Equipment due for service - Fleet
status Reporting - Equipment Service Record Reporting - Open work
order report - Warranty claim summary report - Inventory management
- Parts & merchandise detail reporting - Financial and historical
trending - Service department financial summary - Shop foreman
performance tool - Work order chargeback - Halt report - Open PO
report - Tech paid hours vs. worked hour report
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
- Valid driver's license
- Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of
self-propelled platforms and lifts
- Knowledge of work planning and scheduling and other supervisory
- Strong understanding of equipment capabilities and safety
- Clear perspective of maintenance and repair issues in the
- Planning and management experience
- Computer literacy
- Reporting experience
- Inventory management experience
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting,
crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working
indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is
not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar
duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt
Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an
employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for
this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus
they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Keywords: Sunbelt Rentals, Inc., Plano , Diesel Shop Manager, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!