Sales Engineer Manager
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented
individual to join our dynamic presales team. Would you like the
opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the
way that information is used to support business decisions? You
will manage a team of Sales Engineers in support of sales to
achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead
technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively
engaged with key customers and opportunities. Ensure tight
alignment between field sales and other organizations within
Splunk. This is a hands-on combo coach/player management role.
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers in a dedicated Region area
helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide
support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales
engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires
during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping
of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk
products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with Sales to develop strategic and technical
- Interact with customers and prospects as this is a "player /
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services
and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending
new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow
major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will
methodology along with assisting SE's with building out and
executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are
taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage
performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1's with team members to provide constructive
feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management,
engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the
field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on
Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical
Splunk evaluations and POC's;
- At least 5+ year's experience in technically selling and
supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ year's related SE Management experience highly
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral. Ability to
communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and
- Experience with networking, server, application,
virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is
- Some Unix or Linus based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh)
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management,
and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and
lead people toward their peak performance.
- You live inBoulder, Dallas/Plano, or DC
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or substantial
relevant on the job experience
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the "Best Places to Work" 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn's "Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants
to work now"
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500- 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World's Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates
innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk
offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you
join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are
as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Plano , Sales Engineer Manager, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!