Claims Resolution Representative, Total Loss
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under moderate supervision, manages, investigates and resolves
vehicle damage claims. Handles cases which require special
knowledge (such as Total Loss, Total Loss fatalities) at every
severity level with a focus on moderate complexity Total Loss
claims. Provides quality customer service to meet the needs of the
insured, claimant, all internal and external customers.
This position offers a $2,500 hiring bonus for licensed
adjusters in Plano, TX or Orlando, FL
- Manages, handles and resolves moderate complexity Total Loss
claims. Evaluates liability, coverage and settles claims within
prescribed procedures and authority.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in
order to gather information regarding claims and refers tasks to
auxiliary resources as necessary.
- Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including
- May ensure adequacy of reserves, confirm or deny coverage and
liability and advises policyholders and claimants as to proper
course of action.
- Uses internet resources and Liberty Mutual contracted vendors
for pricing and/or validation of inventoried items.
- Negotiates settlements within prescribed authority and explains
denials to policyholders and claimants.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques.
- Negotiates settlements with claimants, attorneys.
- Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or
potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as
- Identifies and recommends referral of potentially fraudulent
claims to the SIU.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented
- Must be skilled at recognizing questionable coverage/contract
situations which necessitate supervisory involvement and able to
demonstrate a thorough understanding and use of basic
- Ability to handle multiple claims work systems, total losses
- High School Diploma or equivalent training plus at least 1 year
of directly related claims experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of the various operations with the
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage
and State Tort Law.
- Licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today
and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's
Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running,
we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for
Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well
as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more
about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit:
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Plano , Claims Resolution Representative, Total Loss, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!