Government & Education Distribution Lead - Texas
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Government & Education Distribution Lead is responsible for
membership growth in the Government & Education Segment. The role
will serve as the market government lead and work in conjunction
with local market sales leadership to develop and drive the
government and education prospect sales and retention strategy.
Being responsible for an expanded geography, it is important for
the role to understand the unique government dynamics of each
geographic market and align the sales distribution strategy to
those unique market elements. Role will directly report to the
Government Segment General Manager with a dotted line to the Market
Core Sales and Book of Business Responsibility
- Pursuit of new medical and dental business of accounts >
- Pursuit of first time medical adds to assigned large existing
dental only accounts > 5,000 ee's,
- Retention of assigned large existing accounts > 5,000 ee's
out to bid
- Targeted sales and retention engagement with any other
government prospect as necessary
- Engaged on targeted sales prospects, but measured on total
market government sales growth
Responsibilities Related to Sales Process and Strategic
- Pipeline/prospect development in conjunction with the local
market sales leadership - with keen focus on targeting prospects
that are viable candidates to win.
- Routine management reporting on pipeline development and
activities that are advancing the sales process - with a focus on
conveying key needs of the segment to support the sales
- All direct to client Pre-RFP work that will influence Cigna's
position and understanding of government and education prospects,
including but not limited to: meetings with HR, Finance, Senior
Mgmt officials; engagement with union employee leadership; meetings
with influential elected officials; meetings with influential
community partners if appropriate; development of minority vendor
strategies if appropriate; engagement and management of local
lobbyists/advisors as appropriate, and management of Freedom of
Information requests. Important to maintain coordinated pre-RFP
strategy with local market sales leadership.
- Point of contact for all matters related to Procurement with
new and existing customers.
- Engagement with broker/consultants as needed pre and post-RFP
at the discretion of local market sales leadership. Development of
diverse supplier relationships where applicable.
- Engagement with segment underwriting, legal, and product
leadership where appropriate.
- Management of end-to-end RFP strategy & execution with specific
focus on finalist presentation dynamics.
- Consistent engagement with RFP Proposal Response Team to ensure
superior RFP product.
- Development and management of local association relationships;
engagement with targeted regional and/or national association
relationship important to the government segment.
- Involvement with all key local market strategic
planning/business development meetings.
- Training lead with local market sales teams.
- Serve as strong relationship liaison between local market
leadership and Government Segment leadership. Important to balance
the priorities and focus of the local market and the segment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct and/or broker distribution quota
driven sales experience - health care or insurance industry
- Health and life insurance license preferred or obtainable
- Experience selling to local governments and or school districts
- Exposure to and/or understanding of local government
procurement and/or elected official relationship dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional
enterprise teams to achieve common result preferred
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global
health service company dedicated to improving the health,
well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with
colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna, Plano , Government & Education Distribution Lead - Texas, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!