Requisition ID: 282150
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire
to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and
reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in
enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots.
That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster
equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers
across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and
building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a
diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides
opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform
industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our
environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the
world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP Ariba makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs,
reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with
trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba
Network - a cloud-based community where you will find buying,
selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and
PayPal. We also host other online communities where business
commerce professionals network and share information and best
practices, just like friends on Facebook.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a Senior Java Developer, you have the opportunity to
accelerate the innovation and delivery of the SAP Ariba products.
You will collaborate with product managers, Developers and QA
engineers to expand the Ariba Cloud to cover every corner of the
globe. You will have the opportunity to work on High impact
scalable internet level problems and complex business problems. You
will work with Ariba Cloud technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Angular
JS, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and SAP HANA.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing
- Work with the Product team on detailed technical design.
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through
discussions with product managers and customers.
- Work closely with QA to define test plans and test cases for
- Design and develop the complex features assigned to achieve the
Milestone goals (Sprints).
- Work in core components for the SAP Ariba cloud that include
persistence, meta-data model, object model framework, customization
framework, UI frameworks, Integration
- Work on solving scalability and performance problems
- Coordination in cross-functional team and with other
geographically distributed engineering teams
- Active participation in Scrum meetings and demos
- Troubleshoot production issues on demand
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BS in Computer Science, MS a plus.
- First-class object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Ability to motivate and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Demonstrated independence, creativity and initiative and the
ability to understand the company's architecture and business
- Ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and lead
a cross organizational project team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to read
and code-review complex code written by others
- Ability to take on ownership of large projects in a very
dynamic and adaptive environment
- Good Database concepts and experience, preferable with SAP
Hana, Sybase and PostgresSQL
- Strong Core Java knowledge is a must
- Experience solving internet scale problems
- Experience working on cloud (on-demand) software
- Desired additional skills: Maven, Micro services (Angular,
Spring Boot), knowledge about Supply Chain processes and
functionality, OData, Sybase, Cloud Platform Integration, Angular,
Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, CloudNative
- 8+ years' experience developing production-grade
- 5+ years of hands on Java and J2EE experience
- History of demonstrated technical leadership on large complex
projects and is a problem solver as well as technical
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your
own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're
searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and
individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions,
fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun,
flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the
development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the
qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person
brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in
need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website
or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your
request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:
Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:
Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background
verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Plano
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Developer, Java, Engineer, ERP, Social Media,
Technology, Engineering, Marketing