Senior Manager, Compensation Design- Sales Operations (Plano)
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly analytical, data driven and detailed oriented? If
this sounds like you, we want you! Splunk is seeking a highly
strategic, analytical, process and detail-oriented Sales Operations
Manager. You will serve as a member of Splunk's Global Sales
Operations team, with a day to day focus on Sales Compensation
Operations, supporting critical metrics and communications,
tactical analysis and standardized reporting. Attention to detail
paired with mindfulness of the big picture is pivotal for success
in this role.
You will cross-functionally work with several organizations at
Splunk (including Sales leadership, Finance, HR, Legal, Partner
operations, IT, and Marketing), with the primary objective of
enabling sales leadership to make effective, data driven, and
strategic operating decisions. You will assist in the sales
compensation process from start to finish - from Fiscal Year plan
design to reporting performance results at year-end. Furthermore,
you will work directly with Sales leaders and members of the Sales
Ops team and will act as the Subject Matter Specialist for all
processes, data, and reporting related to Sales Compensation.
You are highly data driven, intellectually curious, a fast
learner, and able to move quickly while keeping concentrated on
high impact projects with minimal direction. You are a phenomenal
teammate with a hands-on approach to resolving issues and meeting
goals who also adopts making strategic decisions and advising high
level management within the organization. You must have the ability
to execute tactical objectives, while understanding how to align
with overall strategy and Splunk's goals.
You will lead a team to develop and implement policies and
procedures to ensure standard methodologies and compliance to legal
requirements around sales compensation and other sales operations
related areas. In addition, you will:
- Maintain and evolve a core set of critical metrics for sales
performance to provide visibility and meaningful insights for sales
- Contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales
compensation policies, and/or resourcing and investment
- Partner with sales management and Theater Operations to define
and produce analytics that reinforce business goals and strategies.
Provide periodic reports and detailed analysis to identify drivers
behind market trends and areas for improvement.
- Design compensation plan setup and administer compensation
plans in the Xactly compensation system
- Work closely with finance to review compensation calculations
to ensure accurate and timely payments
- Lead development of compensation communication materials and
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver
- Minimum of 10-12 years of compensation experience in a sales
operation's role with a Bachelor's degree; or 8-10 years and a
- 6+ years' in a quantitative sales operations or financial role
in an enterprise software company
- Experience with developing & designing global sales
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide
spectrum of functions and knows when and how to assert or influence
- Always passionate about doing what's right for the business.
High energy and contagious zeal. Willing to tackle the tough
projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves
with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to develop succinct, clear, information in both verbal
and written form to provide the appropriate context behind
difficult decisions for the intended audience
- Experience working with SPM tools: Xactly, Anaplan, Callidus or
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, including sales alignment,
territory planning, reporting and analytic
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related
degree preferred, MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Plano , Senior Manager, Compensation Design- Sales Operations (Plano), Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!