Audit - Credit Review Officer - Commercial Credit Review - Vice President
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Credit Review team within the JPMC Internal Audit Department
is responsible for reviewing the credit process in commercial
lending portfolios at the firm. The team focuses on portfolios
within the Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, and Consumer &
Community Banking lines of business.
The Credit Review team performs independent reviews of JPMC
commercial loan portfolios that include an evaluation of the
adequacy and accuracy of lending decisions, consistent application
of risk policy and credit procedures, analysis of underwriting
standards and practice, and determining through ongoing monitoring
the overall assessment of asset quality. Furthermore, the team
assesses whether sufficient controls are in place to mitigate
credit risk to the firm.
This position is responsible for planning and executing periodic
credit reviews, and participating on review assignments. The Credit
Review Officer will lead members of the Credit Review team in
activities that evaluate commercial loan transactions and perform
assessments of underwriting and portfolio management to
independently opine on the adequacy of underwriting analysis,
accuracy and timeliness of risk grading decisions, appropriateness
of credit mitigation actions, and the effectiveness of the credit
management process and key controls supporting credit quality.
Between periodic reviews, the Credit Review Officer independently
monitors credit risk trends within assigned commercial lending
portfolios, attends relevant meetings, and develops and maintains
relationships with internal stakeholders responsible for credit
approval. This position will report to a Credit Review Director and
is located in Plano, TX.
- As Reviewer-in-Charge, lead a team of reviewers for commercial
loan portfolios. This includes chairing meetings associated with
planning, project kick-off, presentation of findings, and formal
closing. Duties include coordinating team assignments with the
Credit Review Director, defining project scope and sample
selection, evaluating internal controls and systems that mitigate
credit risk, communicating with business management, reviewing
results to identify key issues and dimensioning the significance of
those findings, recommending corrective action as needed, report
writing, and archiving all relevant documents.
- As a team member, participate in reviews led by Credit Review
team members. This includes preparing independent financial
analysis and risk assessment (focusing on the accuracy of risk
grades, timeliness of grade changes, and appropriateness of
supporting rationale), analyzing the credit underwriting quality of
individual transactions, recording results and conclusions in a
work paper database, and actively participating in all review
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned portfolios and
participate in portfolio review meetings.
- Serve as an information resource on commercial credit risk and
policy. Partner with Credit Risk Management stakeholders to
establish strong working relationships while maintaining
- Ensure consistent application of firm wide Risk Policy as well
as Credit Review Policies and Procedures.
- Complete special projects and research as assigned by the
Credit Review Director.
- Experienced credit professional with minimum 10-years
commercial credit experience, preferably with a background in
commercial credit underwriting and credit risk management.
- Successful completion of formal credit training program
preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous credit review experience is preferred, but not
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or
a related discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of commercial credit principles and
strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive
issues to management.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective in a dynamic fast-paced
environment and willing to demonstrate personal responsibility and
- Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with a high
sense of urgency.
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information,
supports colleagues, and encourages participation.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., Plano , Audit - Credit Review Officer - Commercial Credit Review - Vice President, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!