N1 - 4G/5G Air Interface Call Processing Senior Systems Engineer - Ref #131
Company: Samsung Electronics America Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a 5G Air Interface Call Processing Senior
Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a
key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional
team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to
introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature
requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive
customer sessions, new technology introduction of virtualized
- Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, converting
them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for
the development team.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of
new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G/5G Wireless Call Protocols.
Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and
creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to
help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design
considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers' network
- Educate our customers on Samsung's new products and services
both individually and in a team environment. Ensures that customer
commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics,
and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve
successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Lead and mentor the team as a systems architect
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
Skills and Qualifications
- Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to
customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to
navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
- Minimum of 12 yrs. of industry experience in wireless is
- Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is beneficial
- Must have understanding on 5G concepts such as Hybrid
Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking &
co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature
requirements identification, feature description documentation,
parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy
creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface and call processing
technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on
PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Experience with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL,
QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's
organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others,
in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer
leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to
accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The
ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic
programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to
write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough
understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and
contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales
and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or
orally, including complex business and technical matters to an
audience of high technical skills, management and operational
experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to
achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals
within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if
needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to
introduction of products sold to the customer.
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America Inc, Plano , N1 - 4G/5G Air Interface Call Processing Senior Systems Engineer - Ref #131, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!