Senior Systems Engineer (US)
Company: Casa Systems
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) is 5G, delivering physical,
virtual and cloud-native 5G infrastructure and customer premise
networking for high-speed data and multi-service communications
networks. Our core and edge convergence technology enables public
and private networks for both communications service providers and
enterprises. Casa Systems products deliver higher performance,
improved network flexibility and scalability, increased operational
efficiency and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Commercially
deployed in more than 70 countries, Casa serves over 475 Tier 1 and
regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission
is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families,
communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for
innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service
providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer (Mobile) - US
to join our growing Systems Engineering team based remotely within
the United States located near a major airport.
The Senior Systems Engineer (Mobile) - US will have an impact on
the organization by being the technical voice of the customer
ensuring customer requirements are developed and road mapped in
Casa Systems' products involving 3G+LTE small cell solutions,
service provider Wi-Fi, mobile packet core, security, and
virtualization solutions; mobile market segment within the United
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for defining the scope and requirements for POC and
Field Trial, and executing at the customer lab or in the
- Provide subject matter knowledge in the areas of licensed
3G+LTE small cell solutions, service provider, mobile packet core,
security, and virtualization solutions.
- Serve as regional Mobility subject matter knowledge base.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported
from customer labs and production. Work closely with the test and
- Provide expert technical support in the pre-sales process and
creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to
help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of
new product & SW releases to ensure that they meet the customers'
- Develop Test Cases and MOPs for different Software Releases to
- Represent and prioritize requirements with internal solutions
- Perform hands-on technical lab trials along with pre-sales
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer
science/engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5+ to 7 years of related systems engineer experience.
- 3+ years of RAN or CORE Network Virtualization
knowledge/experience in a telecom network environment.
- Requires a strong combination of technical and business
development acumen and the ability to effectively manage multiple
- Advanced IP internetworking knowledge.
- Prior experience working with major wireless accounts.
- Understanding of key business challenges facing the mobile
- Understanding of the mobile ecosystem.
- Experience with managing and provisioning of licensed small
cells and transport security solutions (i.e., security GW).
- Able to live Casa's core values: fun work environment,
innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and
honesty and loyalty.
- Able and willing to travel during projects, to Corporate HQ,
and to attend trade shows.
- Experience and technical knowledge with 3GPP GSM/GPRS/UMTS and
SAE/LTE access technologies including Multi-band, multi-frequency
Small Cells, Wi-Fi and L-AA.
- Knowledge of subscriber management subsystems including but not
limited to PCRF, HSS, OCS/OFCS, AAA, TWAP/TWAG, ePDG, Security
Gateways, HeNB GW functions.
- Knowledge of 5GC and 5G NR and virtualization (K8S, Openstack,
- Proficient hands on experience with virtualization
(KVM/Openstack/VMWare) and containers (Dockers, Kubernetes).
- Proficient hands on experience with Linux/Ubuntu/CentOS
- Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools
- Professional level communication skills (written, spoken,
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Knowledge of ETSI MANO with prior experience in integrating
virtual software with orchestration solutions is beneficial.
- Knowledge of IPSec and IKE protocols is a plus.
- Able to pass pre-employment background check and drug
- Has a qualified home office to work from home when not
traveling for business.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the EVerify program. Casa
Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive
work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and
without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Keywords: Casa Systems, Plano , Senior Systems Engineer (US), Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!