Sr. Firmware Engineer - Embedded Linux
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in
automation and control solutions, and the premier technology
partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products are
integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings to include some
of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. We are the
leaders in the most exciting and rapidly changing industry in the
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings
allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a
button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting,
Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide
greater comfort, convenience and security.
We at Crestron are creating the smart homes of the future. This
is a chance to work with the world leader in home automation. You
will get to immerse yourself in the technologies that drive some of
the largest and most important residential platforms in the world.
Imagine being able to try out and direct some of the most exciting
technology decisions in today's residential markets.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources
and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting
opportunities for a Senior Streaming Audio Firmware Engineer to
join our Firmware Engineering team. This role may reside either in
Rockleigh, NJ or Plano, TX.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Firmware
Engineer to work in our Audio Firmware Engineering team within the
Firmware Engineering Department. We need a creative engineer, who
thrives on solving problems, and can motivate and lead people.
This role will help lead a small team of engineers who
contribute to new features and systems for all our audio offerings.
You will contribute to tomorrow's most important and exciting
residences as well as some of the most important enterprise
solutions. This is an opportunity to solve some of the most complex
problems in IoT, smart homes and audio distribution systems. You
will be able to experience first-hand how your designs make life
easier and more enjoyable for homeowners everywhere. You will be
the driving force behind the technical success of your team and
will work with a tight-nit management team to secure a bright
future for the product. A successful candidate will enjoy
programming and designing unique and challenging features. You will
work with some of latest and greatest music service providers and
the latest and greatest audio technologies to accomplish this.
We will look for you to showcase your strong embedded system
knowledge and firmware development experience and apply your
expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and
support for our next generation products.
The Senior Firmware Engineer for our Streaming Audio team will
help in creating new streaming audio products. The ideal candidate
should take part in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
as well as handling field escalations with new and legacy
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real
time applications for Android/Linux based products C, & C++
- Embedded Linux Kernel / OS development on ARM based platforms
including configuration management, build, deployment, hardware
interfaces, device driver, device tree.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to
solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device
features on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including:
feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting,
testing, and bug fixing.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design
- Implement streaming audio services such as Pandora, SiriusXM,
Spotify, Airplay etc.
- Interface, configure and implement audio devices such as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Code, unit test and participate in code reviews.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in firmware
engineering is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work in a fast paced environment is required.
- Expert knowledge of C and at least one other higher level
language such as JAVA, C++ and C# is required.
- Experience in networking protocols, TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc. is
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and
be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid
work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Should have the ability to solve problems that span multiple
disciplines, balancing technical and business needs.
- Experience in audio digital signal processing (DSP), echo
cancellers, noise suppression, equalizers, limiters, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical design of audio systems including
component selection (CODEC, audio amplifiers, microphones,
- Good understanding of Audio Video streaming protocols.
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total
compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life
insurance and short term disability. 401K with company
contribution, paid vacation, holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers
at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron
Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the
sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
Keywords: Crestron, Plano , Sr. Firmware Engineer - Embedded Linux, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!