MLT/MLS PRN-Variable Hours-Plano
Company: Texas Health Resources
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Scientist PRN -
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly
hours and a collaborative team environment? We are looking for a
qualified Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or a Medical
Laboratory Scientist (MLS) PRN like you to join our Texas Health
- Work location: Texas Health Plano
- Work environment: Laboratory
- Work hours: PRN - As needed; Variable days/shifts to include
days, nights, weekends
- Salary range: MLS range $26.69 - $39.50 per hour; MLT Range
$20.34 - $31.15 (based on relevant experience).
At Texas Health Plano, we take our mission to improve the health
of those in our community. We are a 386-bed, full-service hospital
that has served Plano, Frisco, Carrolton and surrounding
communities since 1991.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000
employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come
be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide
outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong
- Associate's degree required with in 3 months of hire. Medical
Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or
Biological science preferred Or
- Education equivalent to an Associate's degree in a laboratory
science or medical technology required (Must include at least 60
hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that include at
a minimum either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology
courses or 24 semester hours of science courses that include at
least 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology
and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory
technology in any combination.
- Bachelor's Degree for an MLS (or attained within 3 months of
- Bachelor's Degree required within 3 months of hire.
- Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or
Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred.
- Individuals hired as a CLS II prior to January 3, 2010 will be
grandfathered to the MLS position with existing education.
- Internship in an approved Medical Technician training program
- 2 years' experience in a Medical Laboratory preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLT (ASCP) required within 90 days from
- AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license,
Philippine Board of Technical Technology required upon hire Or
- M (ASCP) - Microbiology if working in Microbiology required
upon hire Or
- BB (ASCP) - Blood Banking if working in Blood Bank required
- MLS (ASCP), MT (ACSP), MLT (ASCP) preferred
- Strong positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly.
- Problem solving ability, time management skills.
- Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Computer literate.
The MLT/MLS is responsible for maintaining specimen integrity,
daily lab operations, professional accountability, test procedures,
and quality control as well as documentation. You may also be
responsible for some additional tasks on an as-needed basis.
Why Texas Health?
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work
every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Plano a great place to
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (7th
year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work
Additional perks of being a Medical Laboratory Scientist or
Medical Laboratory Technician:
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits,
Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to email@example.com.
Keywords: Texas Health Resources, Plano , MLT/MLS PRN-Variable Hours-Plano, Other , Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!